Thread Rating:
  • 25 Vote(s) - 3.64 Average
Tips for New Players
02-05-2013, 12:36 PM
RE: Tips for New Players
The tips post has "wall of text syndrome" so I'd rather not look through the entire thing. Is there something about not partially killing a unit? One of the biggest differences I've noticed between high level and low level games is that often times less skilled players will move a unit up to damage an enemy without killing it. Of course, there are occasions when you want to do this, but it is very rare, especially after the wit for kill update. As general advice for newer players I would say avoid damaging enemy units if you can't finish them off on the same turn.

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-06-2013, 08:58 PM
I don't think this is posted yet so here goes.

This is a mistake I keep making but look to kill your opponents piece with the unit furthest away or rather with a unit utilising it's maximum range. You never know what might become available for attack in the newly revealed board with a better placed unit. I recently missed an easy kill on a 1hp Bombshell because i'd used my runner to take out another runner - cross to say the least. Ideally, if you're being rushed, and your spawn space is near the action, use a newly spawned unit to attack as you'd have to move it anyhow thus saving (?) a wit

Everything Changes
02-07-2013, 02:43 AM (This post was last modified: 02-08-2013 12:49 AM by John3:16.)
I might add that if you are attacking and have a choice of what hexes your units will end up on, try to have your units not end up next to the opponents units. Forcing them to move to attack a unit uses up 1 wit and blocks that space, preventing them from taking out a 2-hit unit if there is only one hex open next to it, etc.

Also, if you are planning on taking out a runner in your turn, do that first, so that it reduces their vision before doing other moves.

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life" - John 3:16
02-20-2013, 10:51 AM
Thanks 4 these tips Smile
02-23-2013, 05:36 PM
here's a tip it took me a long time to figure out myself: Always move the unit with the highest vision first.

So many times I've moved a runner to kill another runner (or to double tap a 3 health soldier or something) only to discover something much scarier behind that unit and had to alter my strategy. Too many of those times have been near the end of my turn when I was almost out of wits. If I'd moved my runner first I could have set up a strategy to counter what I found

GameCenter: ElPared
Master League Crying Foot Master League

OSN Player Profile: ElPared -- I'm always posting both wins and losses, critiques welcome
03-10-2013, 08:41 PM
Thank you for all of these great tips guys! Can any1 help me with ths problem? It seems like ll i am doing lately is fighting brambles and getting stung by their annoying vines. What is a good strategy fr them? They seem OP'ered. Thanks
03-10-2013, 11:12 PM
Here's an excellent tip for everyone: Never cap wit spaces with scouts against vegginauts
03-12-2013, 01:22 PM
(03-10-2013 08:41 PM)Mrdemaria Wrote:  Thank you for all of these great tips guys! Can any1 help me with ths problem? It seems like ll i am doing lately is fighting brambles and getting stung by their annoying vines. What is a good strategy fr them? They seem OP'ered. Thanks

start spawning heavies and snipers early. Pay close attention to which thorns spawn other thorns. If possible always take out the parent thorn(s) first. Doing so will create a big wit advantage for you if you can kill a larger chain. Spawn a medic and protect it. Always boost your Snipers, and maybe your runners.

Remember, brambles are only as powerful as the number of turns they live. If you kill them fast, or can keep them under control long enough, you can win.

Then again, I'm just a "gifted" player, so maybe a Master or ST wants to chime in on this one lol

GameCenter: ElPared
Master League Crying Foot Master League

OSN Player Profile: ElPared -- I'm always posting both wins and losses, critiques welcome
03-16-2013, 05:12 AM
Some of the tips are outdated like the "you cannot recede thorns individually" part. Will it ever get updated?

I hear there's a secret Mobi hidden here somewhere…
03-19-2013, 01:26 PM
I feel like we need a separate tread just for how to effectively defend against Brambles.