Thread Rating:
  • 25 Vote(s) - 3.64 Average
Tips for New Players
07-08-2012, 12:25 PM
RE: Tips for New Players
(07-08-2012 09:51 AM)ArtNJ Wrote:  (3) The Bombshell can do one and only transformation per turn, from mobile to armored artillery form, or vice versa, and cannot fire on the same turn that it transforms to armored artillery form.

A slight correction to that: you can transform from armored artillery to mobile, move as desired, and transform back to artillery in the same turn.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-08-2012, 06:11 PM
(07-08-2012 09:51 AM)ArtNJ Wrote:  (2) Mobi, the Adorables special unit can [cannot??] teleport allied units;
Do you mean allied units in 2v2 games?
I just tested it, you can teleport allied units just as well as your own.

(07-08-2012 09:51 AM)ArtNJ Wrote:  (3) The Bombshell can do one and only transformation per turn, from mobile to armored artillery form, or vice versa, and cannot fire on the same turn that it transforms to armored artillery form.

I havent tested 2 yet but I was wondering about it!
Even after correcting this, I still feel it's an extended explanation of Bombshells abilities rather than a tip.

I am in no way affiliated with or authorized by One Man Left Studios, LLC.
Any information on Outwitters I present is founded on personal experience, public knowledge or the Outwitters Beta Test.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-08-2012, 09:35 PM
(07-08-2012 06:11 PM)Kamikaze28 Wrote:  
(07-08-2012 09:51 AM)ArtNJ Wrote:  (2) Mobi, the Adorables special unit can [cannot??] teleport allied units;
Do you mean allied units in 2v2 games?
I just tested it, you can teleport allied units just as well as your own.

I havent tested 2 yet but I was wondering about it!
Even after correcting this, I still feel it's an extended explanation of Bombshells abilities rather than a tip.

I'm not too sure there is a sharp line between explanatory info on rules that are not in the tutorial and tips, but leaving linguistics aside, explanatory info that is not in the tutorial could go in a new thread I guess. Whether its a "tip" or not, its certainly useful information for new players.
07-08-2012, 10:07 PM
(07-08-2012 09:35 PM)ArtNJ Wrote:  I'm not too sure there is a sharp line between explanatory info on rules that are not in the tutorial and tips, but leaving linguistics aside, explanatory info that is not in the tutorial could go in a new thread I guess. Whether its a "tip" or not, its certainly useful information for new players.

I added one tip for Bombshell and Mobi each. I'm still not sure how to explain the finer functionality of Wit Spaces in a short and concise way.

Any information on Outwitters I present is founded on personal experience, public knowledge or the Outwitters Beta Test.
07-08-2012, 10:37 PM (This post was last modified: 07-08-2012 10:37 PM by Harti.)
When considering to special up, always make sure to have more than 7-9 wit. It is usually highly recommended to give them a boost with a Medic and guard them well. A good number would be at least around 11-12 which allows you to stabilise your defence or mobilise your offence.
ALWAYS COUNT BEFORE YOU MOVE or your unit will be TOAST!

jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Harti is like the silent lion. He never says any word, but when so, he was just waiting for his victim haha

[Image: sig.png]
07-08-2012, 10:51 PM
(07-08-2012 10:07 PM)Kamikaze28 Wrote:  
(07-08-2012 09:35 PM)ArtNJ Wrote:  I'm not too sure there is a sharp line between explanatory info on rules that are not in the tutorial and tips, but leaving linguistics aside, explanatory info that is not in the tutorial could go in a new thread I guess. Whether its a "tip" or not, its certainly useful information for new players.

I added one tip for Bombshell and Mobi each. I'm still not sure how to explain the finer functionality of Wit Spaces in a short and concise way.

How about:

When landing on a Wit Space, the space will turn your color at the start of your next turn. However, you will not earn a bonus wit until the start of the following turn -- i.e., the Wit Space must be under your control (your color) for a full turn before you earn a bonus wit.

Took me a while to learn this, I think we have to get it in some how.
07-08-2012, 11:01 PM (This post was last modified: 07-08-2012 11:04 PM by Kamikaze28.)
(07-08-2012 10:37 PM)Harti Wrote:  When considering to special up, always make sure to have more than 7-9 wit. It is usually highly recommended to give them a boost with a Medic and guard them well. A good number would be at least around 11-12 which allows you to stabilise your defence or mobilise your offence.
ALWAYS COUNT BEFORE YOU MOVE or your unit will be TOAST!

Added. You should think about adopting that last sentence as your signature. Or as Yoda would say: "Do or do not, there is no undo." Wink

07-09-2012, 08:48 AM
If no ones realized:

When taking your turn and you plan to destroy an enemy scout during the turn, it is most effective to attack that scout first as it (normally) shields other moves of yours with fog of war
07-09-2012, 08:54 AM (This post was last modified: 07-09-2012 08:57 AM by Szei.)
When using a sacrificial unit to pick off an enemy's unit (i.e. using a Runner to kill a Medic), position it away from other enemy units if possible. Your unit is going to die anyway, but this way it forces your opponent to spend an extra wit moving to your unit before it can attack and kill it.

This is a particular case but in general the tip is to be aware not only of how you're spending your wits and being efficient with them, but also be aware of how your opponent is spending their wits and attempting to make them spend more.
07-09-2012, 09:38 AM
A few specific tips:

In the early rounds it can disorient your enemy to send runners to "predictable" locations where a medic/sniper might be and eliminate it. Especially the medic because it gets very hard to eliminate as the game progresses (when you really wish you could!) and you have more pressing things to spend your wits on.

On the other side of that coin, don't leave your medic/sniper within easy striking range of your opponent's runners, especially not within the spawn point. I've generally found it's worth the few wits to move them around at first and have them available for later w/o needing the costly spawn.

The order of your steps matters. Usually do the least risky or most necessary steps first (like eliminating a threatening runner) since doing so not only hurts your opponents sight (see above) but also can improve yours, potentially advising your next moves. In short, do certain moves before uncertain ones.