Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What would your special unit be able to do?
02-05-2013, 07:27 PM
RE: What would your special unit be able to do?
Hey I got a good idea. What about an ENEMY MOBI?

Like a mobi, but it teleports a visible enemy next to it, instead of a friendly unit.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-06-2013, 12:28 AM
outrageously powerful special garcia

The Gruff Billies Clan:
Yeah. We ate your grass, bub.
Fluffy League Whatcha gonna do? Fluffy League
02-06-2013, 12:40 AM
Maybe the enemy would be invulnerable on the turn it was teleported? I dunno
02-06-2013, 01:07 AM
Maybe give it a range smaller than visible. Like... 3 hexes.

The Gruff Billies Clan:
Yeah. We ate your grass, bub.
Fluffy League Whatcha gonna do? Fluffy League
02-06-2013, 01:20 AM
Yeah! I like the concept of a sucking unit!
02-06-2013, 02:47 AM
ya, three hex grab (maybe 4?), cannot grab through enemy units, three or four vision and movement, 2 hp, could be interesting.

1 v 1 Master
2 v 2 Master w/ Myninja208

ICE clan member
02-06-2013, 04:29 AM
Nuke a certain area then the special self-destructs, damaging all nearby units too. Damages both allied and enemy units. No damage to bases. Nuke damage greater than damage to units near to the special that exploded. Special needs good positioning like the scrambler to shine.

You don't know me? Let me introduce myself. I am Anonymous. Super-Titan May the wits ever favor you.
02-06-2013, 10:30 AM
Seer
7 wits
1 HP
1 Movement
0 Attack
Ability: For 1 wit will shield any friendly unit from all incoming damage. As soon as that unit or the Seer moves or attacks the shield dissipates, and if the Seer takes any damage the shield is broken. The shield cannot be placed on a unit that has moved and attacked this turn.

Designed for a forcefield effect, granting a very powerful shield to the unit in question. Whilst it might immediately either come across as overpowered there are a number of things that would make it a good special to have; for one it only has a movement of one and is very fragile, making babying very key. With only the 1 movement it is also fairly rooted in position and hard and expensive to move away from battle. Also the restriction of shielding units that have made all their actions makes wit space abuse harder.

Top 200 peak ranking: #18 Super-Titan

I'm currently taking a competative break. Am up for friendlies and tournaments!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?
02-06-2013, 12:18 PM (This post was last modified: 02-06-2013 12:21 PM by ElPared.)
Nuke guy gave me an idea:

Kimikaze
cost 7
movement: 5
health: 1
attack: 0
special: Explodes for 3 damage to units on the hexes adjacent to it, 2 damage to units 1 hex away and 1 damage to units 3 hexes away. (this kills the Kamikaze too, otherwise there's no point). If killed by opposing units, nothing happens (it just dies). Explosion only hits bases once for the highest amount of damage possible (so if it's right next to a base, it does 3, and so on)

might be more balanced if it explodes for 2 damage adjacent, 1 damage 1 hex away, but I wanted it to stand out from the BS more.

also I came up with an idea in another thread

Wolf
cost 7
health 2
movement 4
attack 3
special: the cost to make a wolf reduces by 2 for each wolf you've spawned already (so the first costs 7, the next 5, the next 3, then 1) to a max of 4 wolves (can't have them be free now can we?)

GameCenter: ElPared
Master League Crying Foot Master League

OSN Player Profile: ElPared -- I'm always posting both wins and losses, critiques welcome
02-06-2013, 01:27 PM
Volcano
Cost 7
HP 2
Movement 3
Attack 0
Special: Can launch one mine per turn to any visible hex. Mines cost 1 wit and are undetectable to opponent. Mines do 2 damage when opponent lands on that hex. Friendly units can land on mines without taking damage or exploding them.