Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What would your special unit be able to do?
01-31-2013, 12:31 PM
RE: What would your special unit be able to do?
hmm, speaking of buffing, what about a special unit that buffs attack power by 1? So buffed runners would do 2, soldiers would do 3, etc.

I'd say same as a medic in every way except its ability and wit cost

GameCenter: ElPared
Master League Crying Foot Master League

OSN Player Profile: ElPared -- I'm always posting both wins and losses, critiques welcome
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-31-2013, 02:27 PM
How about some specials that can actively fight instead of hiding behind rows of soldiers?

Manic--2 hp, 4 movement, 1 dmg. Can attack as many times as you have wits.

Phoenix--4 hp, 3 movement, 2 dmg. Turns into Ashes when killed (Ashes--3 hp, 0 movement, 1 to transform into Phoenix. The turn it transforms, Phoenix can move but not attack)

Tyranno--5 hp, 1 movement, special: Earthquake (2 dmg to all enemy adjacent hexes)

You think only Adorables use snipers on SFI?
01-31-2013, 02:30 PM
I can just see someone with Manic and 20 wits annihilating a group of soldiers Smile. I think the Phoenix might be too weak: it only takes a sniper shot to kill the ashes.

The Tyranno seems too immobile, it would get cut to shreds before reaching a group.

Proud Member of the Diamond League!
[Image: sig.png]
01-31-2013, 02:48 PM
The Manic can only move once a turn though, so I thought of him as an assassin-type guy (sneak into a back door, or to take out 2 bombshells Wink )
Not too sure how to change the phonix... maybe ashes has 4 hp also?

At one point today I was extremely inspired and drew up teams for all three of them (Wildlings, Mischiefs, and Extinction), but unfortunately my photoshop skills suck so much that I stopped after a couple characters. Here's the Wilding soldier sprite though (probably my best Big Grin): [Image: rwtqp3.png]

You think only Adorables use snipers on SFI?
01-31-2013, 03:31 PM
hmm, a mine layer would be fun too. 1 wit spawns a mine that explodes for 2 damage when stepped on by units or Thorns. Kinda like Thorns but the mines can't spawn more mines.

Lays mines at a distance of 2 squares, moves 3 spaces, 2 HP.

I like the Phoenix, but the manic sounds OP to me. If you get him to a base and you have 5 wits left it's game over.

another funny but probably worthless special would be a guy that can heal your base (well, worthless or totally OP, not sure)

OSN Player Profile: ElPared -- I'm always posting both wins and losses, critiques welcome
02-02-2013, 04:03 AM (This post was last modified: 02-02-2013 07:19 AM by Necrocat219.)
(01-31-2013 09:55 AM)Ryzuma Wrote:  Necro it already has those things lol

Eh... well... yeah... umm... I swear I can read.

I think that it's a perfectly reasonable idea to implement then. I know that it only does 1 damange to the base to balance things but I think for simplicity's sake it would be best just to let it deal 2 damage.
(01-31-2013 12:31 PM)ElPared Wrote:  hmm, speaking of buffing, what about a special unit that buffs attack power by 1? So buffed runners would do 2, soldiers would do 3, etc.

I'd say same as a medic in every way except its ability and wit cost

I actually drafted a game similiar to outwitters in terms of gameplay but with a lot more veriety in units so it could focus more on a players playstyle and that was one of them: I had the following stats for it and here are a few of the main units it synergised with:

Medic - (Festive Oni) Cost: 20P
HP 1
Move 3
Active Ability: Instead of healing the targetted unit it sends them on a drunken rage, increasing their attack by +1 until damaged.

Synergises well with:

Sniper (Green eyed jealousy) Cost: 35P
HP 1
Move 1
Attack 2
Range 3
Passive Ability: Instead of a regular 3 damage attack she uses her Green-eyed monster sign, Dealing 2 damage to all units in the attack path and the target (If there are 2 paths of equal length it will take both) She resists getting blocked obstacles as long as she has vision on the enemy unit, with her green-eyed-monster taking the shortest path.

Soldier (Overground Oni) 20P

HP 3
Move 3
Dmg 2

Active ability: Deals double damage for double the cost but does not refund Powerr upon kills.

Top 200 peak ranking: #18 Super-Titan

I'm currently taking a competative break. Am up for friendlies and tournaments!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?
02-02-2013, 08:40 AM
(02-02-2013 07:21 AM)Necrocat219 Wrote:  I find it a shame that you couldn't have sent me a private message asking me to remove my swear word, it's a pretty simple thing to do aaronINdayton. Instead you had to go to the lengths of negative repping me and reporting me.

Same thing happened to me, but eh... Just taking it as a lesson

iPro Clan
02-02-2013, 09:52 AM
Yeah sorry I should have deleted that by now, it's cool Smile

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?
02-02-2013, 09:53 AM
(02-02-2013 04:03 AM)Necrocat219 Wrote:  Sniper (Green eyed jealousy) Cost: 35P
HP 1
Move 1
Attack 2
Range 3
Passive Ability: Instead of a regular 3 damage attack she uses her Green-eyed monster sign, Dealing 2 damage to all units in the attack path and the target (If there are 2 paths of equal length it will take both) She resists getting blocked obstacles as long as she has vision on the enemy unit, with her green-eyed-monster taking the shortest path.

I like the piercing sniper idea, actually. Similar to my chain lightning idea from a few pages ago, but probably a lot more balanced

02-02-2013, 10:04 AM
(02-02-2013 09:53 AM)ElPared Wrote:  
(02-02-2013 04:03 AM)Necrocat219 Wrote:  Sniper (Green eyed jealousy) Cost: 35P
HP 1
Move 1
Attack 2
Range 3

I like the piercing sniper idea, actually. Similar to my chain lightning idea from a few pages ago, but probably a lot more balanced

I was actually thinking about it from a programming point of view; as I've never programmed anything before when coming up with ideas I've tried to keep them unique yet as simple as possible. Although it isn't that simple, the way I described it should make mathematical sense, so hopefully would do in programming too.

Also a think to note is that every unit would be a little bit more powerful than in outwitters - the general idea is that units usually have same stats with a neat situational ability or lower than usual stats but an extremely flexible ability that can be used all the time.

Another two ideas I love:

Runner (Wriggle Firefly)

HP:1
ATK:1
MOV:5

Active ability cost 20P: 'Marks' all enemy units in range to be permanently visible. Cannot attack this turn.

Soldier (Night Sparrow)

HP:3
ATK2
MOV:3

Passive ability: Any unit damaged by her gets their vision permanently impaired. They lose all vision, can only move and attack where you have vision and cannot move at all if in the fog of war.