Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
*Suggestion* A Game Creation Prerequisite
12-26-2012, 03:00 AM
RE: *Suggestion* A Game Creation Prerequisite
Well, nuclear physics it aint. I think if you are able (i.e. not away from your phone, ill or something) you should make the move in the reasonable time as other people are waiting. What's the worst that can happen if you make a wrong move? You lose the game. And start another. And keep playing. But while you are waiting, the people playing with you are also waiting.
Think of it this way: you're playing chess with someone. And he is in fron of you. How long would it be polite to think about the move?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-26-2012, 08:14 AM (This post was last modified: 12-26-2012 08:24 AM by Rhah.)
I agree with Incidesi. I just started playing 3 or 4 days ago. I can only have 5 active games and when i first started to play, I started all 5 games and within 30 minutes 4 games have never been touched since. So I can only have 1 true active game right now and I'm glad that 4 people I have played with my last active slot have been honorable. But that puts me at only 4 completed games since I started limiting my play time severely. I came here wondering what to do, nothing in help states an auto-forfeit. I am glad there is an auto-forfeit, but after reading this thread, this has me kinda steamed that there are such low life's as to avoid a game to tie people's ques up so they can not play for up to 4 or 5 days....
12-26-2012, 11:02 AM
(12-26-2012 02:09 AM)Gfich Wrote:  No. Just no.

If i couldn't find a proper move for a certain game and i decide to rest that game for a while (which i do quite often, and i figure more people do), that would imply that i can't play any other games?

I have some games that I know what to do right off the bat, and then there are some that I look at it for so long I have to put the ipod down or play a different game and leave it to last.

Top 200 peak ranking: #18 Super-Titan

I'm currently taking a competative break. Am up for friendlies and tournaments!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?
12-27-2012, 08:14 PM (This post was last modified: 12-27-2012 08:15 PM by Eijolend.)
(12-26-2012 02:01 AM)greatbero Wrote:  Maybe even better would be the rule that you have to make your turns in the order of their age.
For example: if you go to sleep and during the night receive the moves for three games, you first have to make the move for the game that is waiting the longest. And only after you make all open moves you can create a new game.
I don't think that's a good thing to implement. For example that doesn't let you prioritize tournament games anymore, which are the most important ones to move at a good pace, because there are several more rounds waiting.
When I only have time to take my turn in one or two games during a short break, I like to play back my tournament opponents, so the tournament can get finished in a reasonable time. It doesn't hurt much, if a single random game has to wait for a day or so, but in tournaments this can delay the whole round by days!

I would be ok, with no creating new games before you take your turns in all active ones, but if you run into the bug, that doesn't allow you to submit the game, you probably couldn't start any new games although you're not purposely prolonging any games.

Rising Star Tournament for Fluffy, Clever and Gifted players - FINAL ROUND started!
12-27-2012, 08:51 PM (This post was last modified: 12-27-2012 08:52 PM by =) Random Task (=.)
I think the 4 day limit without further restrictions is fine. Ok games can be delayed but no one can avoid a loss as delaying the loss will only have the effect that it happens a bit later. But all other solutions lead to other severe disturbances like limiting your choice how long to think about what the best move was in a particular game.

In my opinion the best solution - I brought that one up several times already - is the introduction of a speed game mode with e.g. 4 or 5 minutes turn time. this would allow to match players who know they are both available to finish the game in one go and who are otherwise annoyed by long turn times.

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2u7x1fb.jpg]
awesome signature design by .Memories.