Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Outwitters Map Creator
12-18-2012, 06:44 AM (This post was last modified: 12-18-2012 06:46 AM by CombatEX.)
RE: Outwitters Map Creator
Well, he's probably speaking from Advance Wars experience where some people thought it would be a good idea to put a ton of powerful units predeployed in their custom maps. Also in Outwitters, the teams are different which creates more issues. A special for one team may be powerful in the predeployed position but another special may be relatively weak in that same spot.

That being said, people can still create terrible maps without predeployed specials, so I'm not sure it really matters. Just ignore those obviously bad maps. More importantly, I'd like to see specials for puzzles! They could also be used in custom maps as someone suggested. 2v1 storm the bombshell fortress anyone?

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-18-2012, 08:00 AM
bump*

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
12-18-2012, 09:35 AM (This post was last modified: 12-18-2012 09:44 AM by game_taker.)
(12-17-2012 11:56 AM)garcia1000 Wrote:  Forget about fixing peekaboo, let's kick it up a notch
Super Peekaboo

You just really hate bramble don't you?

Made another map what do you guys think balance wise?

This map is not for pussies
12-18-2012, 09:50 AM (This post was last modified: 12-18-2012 09:51 AM by GoHeat 3.)
(12-18-2012 09:35 AM)game_taker Wrote:  
(12-17-2012 11:56 AM)garcia1000 Wrote:  Forget about fixing peekaboo, let's kick it up a notch
Super Peekaboo

Haha looks like Reaper! Also, blue can snipe reds wit space and red cant snipe blues wit space from their starting positions!

GC: GoHeat3
Super-Titan

[Image: sig.png]
12-18-2012, 09:53 AM
(12-18-2012 09:50 AM)GoHeat 3 Wrote:  
Super Peekaboo

Haha looks like Reaper! Also, blue can snipe reds wit space and red cant snipe blues wit space from their starting positions!

haha thats what happened to the first map i made. it looks fine at first glance but when you look into the details, the tiling isnt mirrored

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
12-18-2012, 09:53 AM (This post was last modified: 12-18-2012 09:58 AM by game_taker.)
Lol ops fixed that.
I was trying to make it different from reaper by having attack occur through the centre as oppose to the sides. Not sure if I succeeded.
12-18-2012, 10:16 AM
(12-18-2012 06:44 AM)CombatEX Wrote:  Well, he's probably speaking from Advance Wars experience where some people thought it would be a good idea to put a ton of powerful units predeployed in their custom maps. Also in Outwitters, the teams are different which creates more issues. A special for one team may be powerful in the predeployed position but another special may be relatively weak in that same spot.

That being said, people can still create terrible maps without predeployed specials, so I'm not sure it really matters. Just ignore those obviously bad maps. More importantly, I'd like to see specials for puzzles! They could also be used in custom maps as someone suggested. 2v1 storm the bombshell fortress anyone?

http://www.onemanleft.com/forums/showthr...3#pid18823

I loved advance wars!!

College Basketball Tournament for Outwitters!

They call me the weed cutter, the cutie killer, the machine masher, the pirate pulverizer.

Outwitters Name: Coolio - da best
12-19-2012, 12:12 PM
http://harti.us/outwitters/maps/28/

My first attempt at a map is not your usual one. This is a Search and Destroy (SnD) map. Look at the pattern of the tiles and they make an SnD. Search and destroy is a game mode where there are no spawns or bases and the only way to win is eliminating all your opponents soldiers.

College Basketball Tournament for Outwitters!

They call me the weed cutter, the cutie killer, the machine masher, the pirate pulverizer.

Outwitters Name: Coolio - da best
12-19-2012, 01:56 PM
Super Peekaboo

hahahahahaha

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe. - Carl Sagan
12-20-2012, 04:19 PM (This post was last modified: 12-20-2012 05:08 PM by SyraX.)
(12-19-2012 12:12 PM)Coolio Wrote:  http://harti.us/outwitters/maps/28/

My first attempt at a map is not your usual one. This is a Search and Destroy (SnD) map. Look at the pattern of the tiles and they make an SnD. Search and destroy is a game mode where there are no spawns or bases and the only way to win is eliminating all your opponents soldiers.

Such a great idea! Only thing is that 5 wits per turn might be challenging. I would still add some Bonus spaces. But you have inspired me to make a SnD map. I will make a 2v2 map since I'm mostly a 2v2 player.

Anyways, this is my 2v2 match intended to last a very long time. Each player has 3 spawns, starts with 5 units, and there are 12 bonus tiles in total. The map is totally balanced, and i have tied my best to eliminate a super high FTA. The map is separated enough into 3 areas and you have so many resources and spawn points that even a grand loss of maybe 5-6 people in one turn will not be a game sealer. You can come back from that. Each team has one side which is slightly in their favor on the map and one side which they can defend against but will have trouble getting through due to snipers/bombers.

I'm still messing with it a little bit so that there can't be too much bomber domination, especially down the middle of the battlefield, but at the same time i want to keep at least some element of my walls in place to maintain the separation of the battlefields to ensure that not only can battles be recovered, but battles can still be relatively even after one team makes a minor breakthrough, so that even after you attack you still have to worry about covering yourself.

If you guys have any suggestions, let me know. My goal is a nice, strategy intensive, balanced 40-60 turns per match against 2 really smart teams.

http://harti.us/outwitters/maps/29/

Edit: So it isn't really 3 parts anymore, since the middle battlefield has collapsed into more of a buffer than a buffered area. It still has a similar effect though, so I am happy. Now onto the SnD
My SnD map isn't half bad. Check it out. http://harti.us/outwitters/maps/30/