Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Race matchups & FTA
12-28-2012, 08:51 PM
RE: Race matchups & FTA
HUGE thanks to CodePenguin to collect all data for me Big Grin

I have all data per map in the spreadsheet, and it looks like Adorables have the upper edge on the whole! Even though Reaper plays a major role in this, there's still an advantage for dem pudgyness (note that i did not include Veggienauts in the percentages, because there wasn't enough data)

The FTA overall is determined at 51.01%, with 66.13% at Reaper, and weird enough, 46.55% on Thorn Gulley (thus STA).

Now i REALLY wanna see some data from the devs, and to get all data in a format like this would be extra awesome (perhaps seperated by League, so we can investigate everything).

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-28-2012, 11:49 PM
Interesting! I've just fell in love with the fluffy pink whale not too long ago either!Tongue

GC: GoHeat3
Super-Titan

[Image: sig.png]
12-29-2012, 01:13 AM
Have you considered adding a win-percentage for each race? Although adorables has the most wins, it may be because they are played the most at higher levels, which is where most of your data is coming from.
12-29-2012, 09:31 PM
As harvarnold suggested, i recalculated race win% by comparing total games won against different race to total games lost against different race, and it still favors Adorables. Also, apparently Veggienauts > Scallywags. Notice also Peekaboo, where Scallywags STILL only has a 39% win rate. Long Nine seems to favor Adorables just as much as Reaper (75%).

12-29-2012, 11:52 PM
Sorry if I missed it, but did you obtain all this data from ALL the replays at OSN? Or only from the super-titan replays? Big Grin I'd be interested in the percentages as well from high-level play Big Grin
12-30-2012, 12:39 AM
That's the whole OSN database.

12-30-2012, 01:08 AM
It's interesting to see that Adorables actually has the highest win percentage, as well as the horrible percentage of the scallies
12-30-2012, 03:24 AM
It's pretty interesting, but you are going to need more data to use the results. There are so many factors that you need way more than 5-10 results in each column to learn anything. Ie it may be that the data shows that scally sucks and reaper has a huge FTA. but you can't tell that from the sample. It maybe that scally sucks and the few scally results on reaper skew it towards FTA. Or it mAybe that reaper has a huge FTA regardless of the race. More results will help to answer that.

I'm also not sure what the data for the race totals is. I though it was p1 wins, but the scally total is 30 when I'm adding 40 (15,15,9,1)
12-30-2012, 04:17 AM
It's all games a certain race won/lost against a different race, regardless of being P1/2.

12-30-2012, 06:28 PM
More samples would definitely be more useful, but then again, it's harder to obtain.

Another thing that might influence these results is the fact that these are just the games which have been submitted as replays. What happened to all the other games that didn't have submitted replays?