Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Season 2 leagues: Seems we're now getting the point(s)
12-19-2012, 03:51 AM
RE: Season 2 leagues: Seems we're not getting the point(s)
It's definitely not intended. I just lost 2 points for a win that should have given me 13 points. Also, I doubt divisions are tiered as I've won my last 7 games but have ended up in the same division as three of the players I've beaten. Also, since I've won 8 games and lost 1 this season I probably should be in a division that has no one with 0 points. Instead something like half the people have 0 points in my current division implying that they don't have a similar win/loss.

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-19-2012, 03:54 AM
bump*

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
12-19-2012, 04:26 AM
(12-19-2012 03:51 AM)CombatEX Wrote:  It's definitely not intended. I just lost 2 points for a win that should have given me 13 points. Also, I doubt divisions are tiered as I've won my last 7 games but have ended up in the same division as three of the players I've beaten. Also, since I've won 8 games and lost 1 this season I probably should be in a division that has no one with 0 points. Instead something like half the people have 0 points in my current division implying that they don't have a similar win/loss.

Just because you beat people doesn't necessarily mean you shouldn't be in their league. I beat RevDodge twice and he's in my league. Perhaps their hidden rating is similar or even higher than your own despite the loss. I don't think with the current league point system that its possible to have a league mainly consisting of those with points. It only takes 1 loss to a lower rated player to lose all your points. The same goes with beating a higher rated player. I don't think the points system has much to do with win/loss ratios.
Only my opinion though Smile, I could well be wrong. I don't like losing points for a win though, that one has totally threw me. Could you elaborate how many points you were supposed to get in that game had it been the old system?

Bullfreg

(1v1) Super-Titan
(2v2 random) master
(W/ Guthleps) master
(/w spider) master

Super-Titan, it will happened!
12-19-2012, 04:55 AM (This post was last modified: 12-19-2012 04:56 AM by CombatEX.)
Just because you beat one person doesn't mean you shouldn't be in their division. You're right. That's why I mentioned that 3 of the people I beat ended up in the same division as me.

More importantly, you can have a few people with 0 points in the best division since a loss can lose you all your points. That part is also true. However, that's why I said that around HALF of the people in my division have 0 points. That is statistically unlikely. Assuming divisions are tiered, I'd expect that people in my division after playing 9 games (8-1) would have stabilized a fair amount to reach this division. This means that they've probably played a similar number of games (at least around 5). The only way to have 0 points is if they lost at least 1 game. If they lost more than 1 game, it's pretty unlikely they would be in the same division as someone who went 8-1. So, let's take the best case scenario for the 30 or so people with 0 points, that is, they only lost 1 game like me. Now, in order to have 0 points, they would have had to have lost their last game (assuming you lose all your points when you lose a game).

Putting all this together is how I came to my verdict. What is the chance that 30 of 64 players with ~80%+ win/loss lost their last game? The number of players with 0 points should be ~20% since that is the chance they lost their last game. In fact, since you don't always go to 0 points on a loss, there should be even fewer than 20% of players with 0 points in my division if divisions were tiered. Actually, if we want to be precise, 8-1 is ~88.89% so you would expect only around 10% of players to have 0 points in my division. I could understand how there could be fluctuation to maybe 20% or even 25%, but 47% (the percentage of players with 0 points in my division) is highly unlikely in a tiered division system.

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]
12-19-2012, 04:34 PM
RE: Season 2 leagues: Seems we're now getting the point(s)
So while we were playing Outwitters as usual - for the win and for the glory - Alex behind the scenes wrestled tirelessly with a boss level bug ... and now as it seems he won!

"We've fixed a nasty bug in the league placement code. You should now remain in your division and no longer lose points for a win"

Thank you!

Yet unfortunately we did not get the points corrected for the games finished over the last week Sad

However, Alex pointed out that the hidden player rating was apparently unaffected, so let's hope the system knows that we really are much better than we look on paper... and that my recent winning streak was not completely for naught, yay! Smile