Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Sharkfood island, top middle position, sniper can hit back end of your base?
12-12-2012, 12:50 PM
RE: Sharkfood island, top middle position, sniper can hit back end of your base?
How about: unroot, kill soldier with your 2 soldiers or soldier+heavy, kill sniper with with runner, root, spawn 2 thorns to top hex. That's 6 wits.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-12-2012, 12:51 PM
RE: Sharkfood island, top middle position, sniper can hit back end of your base?
(12-12-2012 12:50 PM)Thrutchy Wrote:  How about: unroot, kill soldier with your 2 soldiers or soldier+heavy, kill sniper with with runner, root, spawn 2 thorns to top hex. That's 6 wits.

You can't unroot and root in the same turnConfused

GC: GoHeat3
Super-Titan

[Image: sig.png]
12-12-2012, 02:34 PM
(12-12-2012 12:08 PM)joelduque Wrote:  Please share the replay when the game is done! Interesting if a comeback is possible.

It should be impossible since there's no way for blue to get to the current square the sniper is on w/o uprooting. Even if he does that and kill the sniper and form a wall to prevent reds soldier from coming in, red can just create another sniper and teleport it over for the finishing blow.

iPro Clan
12-12-2012, 02:34 PM
(12-12-2012 12:51 PM)GoHeat 3 Wrote:  
(12-12-2012 12:50 PM)Thrutchy Wrote:  How about: unroot, kill soldier with your 2 soldiers or soldier+heavy, kill sniper with with runner, root, spawn 2 thorns to top hex. That's 6 wits.

You can't unroot and root in the same turnConfused

Sorry. I've only tried out veggies once. Didn't know what i was doing, but came out with a win. I guess I need to pass n play a bit more to see how they work.

I don't see an out from this scenario.
12-12-2012, 03:05 PM
I personally hate that the sniper can shoot the base from there. That kind of indefensible shot makes the game worse, in my opinion. Yes, I know you can defend by keeping the sniper from that space.
12-12-2012, 10:33 PM (This post was last modified: 12-12-2012 10:34 PM by $tugot$.)
Sniper block outside map loss

No comeback, i made an error mentioned earleir, forgot i couldnt uproot and reroot same turn, if i placed the bramble in the spot i couldve prolonged it one turn, but was inevitable loss in my opinion
12-12-2012, 10:38 PM
I had no idea a sniper could pull off that attack! Thanks for the heads up.
12-13-2012, 01:24 AM
The first time I saw this was when an opponent used a BS on me through the back. I honestly thought the game was won since I already blocked the land hexes, but then he just shot me through the water.

Kind of makes sense anyway. They are ranged attacks, so what would hinder them from shooting thorugh the sea?
12-13-2012, 03:53 AM
Seems that big block next to your base only really blocks the defending team
04-07-2013, 07:09 AM
Yeah this sucks, kind of a glitch. Only map with an undefendible point for base, dont like it at all. The block near base makes you think it actually blocks, but then not at all. Couldnt watch map replay, but you could kill sniper, extend roots. If mobi had 2 hp, then you can root hit, unroot bramble, attack then with your runner, if mobi had 3 hp, then game over.