Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Single Player
07-02-2012, 08:26 AM
RE: Single Player
._. but then it would be disadvantageous to people with only one team. For example if you're playing the Scallywag team and youre playing against someone with Adorable team, they could have unknown attack ranges or skills that could devestate you for doing the wrong move D:
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-02-2012, 09:09 AM
(07-02-2012 08:26 AM)knighthalo123 Wrote:  ._. but then it would be disadvantageous to people with only one team. For example if you're playing the Scallywag team and youre playing against someone with Adorable team, they could have unknown attack ranges or skills that could devestate you for doing the wrong move D:

All the teams are balanced in my opinion, and you can just as easily dominate with one or another. it's just about the strategy.
07-02-2012, 09:17 AM
(07-02-2012 09:09 AM)QuantumApocalypse Wrote:  
(07-02-2012 08:26 AM)knighthalo123 Wrote:  ._. but then it would be disadvantageous to people with only one team. For example if you're playing the Scallywag team and youre playing against someone with Adorable team, they could have unknown attack ranges or skills that could devestate you for doing the wrong move D:

All the teams are balanced in my opinion, and you can just as easily dominate with one or another. it's just about the strategy.

I think knight is referring to the advantage of being able to practice the mechanics of a IAP team - and getting the upper hand in fights against IAP teams, not so much the IAP teams being overpowered. However with only one different unit for each team I don't think this is a huge issue.
07-02-2012, 10:28 AM
LOL what happens if you develop a like 10 step strategy to taking down noobs ._. that would be harsh.. maybe add a free team rotation? Like in League of Legends the free champions, except in this one its 1 free team for every 2 days /weeks? idk maybe even every 3 or 4 games
07-02-2012, 07:13 PM
There is absolutely no need to be worried about not knowing opponent's units special abilities or attack ranges. Firstly, five out of the six team units have exactly the same abilities. And secondly, what the Specials do is noted in the Help section and you'll see how they work eventually. Unless your enemy leaves them unprotected, you usually need to be clever to counter them anyway, so it'll possibly take a few games to think of something suitable.

I wouldn't say that a free team rotation would do anything else than to cause lots of confusion (client-side) as well as programmatical issues. If OML wanted a free team rotation, they'd just have made all teams free.

But seriously, once you played a little more Outwitters you'll be glad to invest $1-2 for such a deep game.

jesusfuentesh Wrote:  Harti is like the silent lion. He never says any word, but when so, he was just waiting for his victim haha

[Image: sig.png]
07-03-2012, 12:46 AM
I see, But im still scared of op teams and instakill games, but hopefully it won't happen. I'm flat out broke, D: so good thing it's free to play LOL
07-03-2012, 04:41 AM
it's three dollars. you spend more than that on one small meal at mcdonalds. Big Grin

Gloriae DEI
SoloVid
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-03-2012, 05:54 AM
(07-03-2012 04:41 AM)Nolan Thompson Wrote:  it's three dollars. you spend more than that on one small meal at mcdonalds. Big Grin

The chump change accumulates though - people easily blow 500$ on IAPs for online games like the ones from Funzio just so they can get the better looking weapons. So yea, 3$, but 3$ here and 3$ there for every new map, avatars, race, etc could become quite costly.
07-03-2012, 06:10 AM
(07-03-2012 05:54 AM)phrenikos Wrote:  
(07-03-2012 04:41 AM)Nolan Thompson Wrote:  it's three dollars. you spend more than that on one small meal at mcdonalds. Big Grin

The chump change accumulates though - people easily blow 500$ on IAPs for online games like the ones from Funzio just so they can get the better looking weapons. So yea, 3$, but 3$ here and 3$ there for every new map, avatars, race, etc could become quite costly.

From your enumeration I get the impression that you come from the Hero Academy type of game. I would like to point out to you and any fellow Hero Academy player that Outwitters goes a different route when it comes to things you can buy.
As it has already been said in this thread, the teams (for use in any game mode) are bundled with themed maps (for use in any arranged game mode - which is everything but the league mode where maps are picked by the system regardless of you having bought them or not). And that's all there is. Outwitters has no ads to remove via IAP and it has no silly things like taunts or team colors to sell.

I am in no way affiliated with or authorized by One Man Left Studios, LLC.
Any information on Outwitters I present is founded on personal experience, public knowledge or the Outwitters Beta Test.
07-03-2012, 06:21 AM
(07-03-2012 05:54 AM)phrenikos Wrote:  

There is an error in what you said. OneManLeft has said that you can get the whole kit and kaboodle--everything present and future (at least from my understanding and I have been watching the blog and forums for at least like 6 months)--for $2.99. @Alex or Adam please correct me if I am wrong. So, it won't add up to insane amounts.

Gloriae DEI
SoloVid