I'm Super-Titan, it's even.
I'm Super-Titan, 2P has advantage.
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Is there first turn advantage?
12-08-2012, 02:58 AM
RE: Is there first turn advantage?
I think P1 still has notable advantage on 1 spawn maps like Shark Food and Reaper.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-08-2012, 03:45 AM
(12-08-2012 02:58 AM)GreatGonzales Wrote:  I think P1 still has notable advantage on 1 spawn maps like Shark Food and Reaper.

Agreed. I think things would be more balanced if P2 got some extra wits and could spawn two units from one spawn point for the first turn. That does make the rules more complicated, though. But really, unit count is a resource just like wit count is.
12-08-2012, 03:29 PM
P1 has an advantage by going first as he can spawn more units. At the start of every p2 move he is (theoretically) down one person, whereas as the start of all p1 moves, he has the same on of units (theoretically). However it depends on the map + skill level on the visibility of this advantage. I do recall Alvendor complaining about it a bit. I only see a difference in reaper (rarely in glitch and sharkfood, peekaboo is its own hell for other reasons).
12-08-2012, 10:24 PM
I feel that P2 has an advantage now. The game mechanics has changed a little. It might even encourage more defensive moves than offensive moves with the +1 wit. If you move and hit me while I sit around and gets hit, it will not be difficult for me to retaliate as it it might require lesser wits to kill as many units. But then again I have been playing lesser games since the update and maybe my views don't paint the correct picture. Just my views. Please post what you think. Thanks.
12-09-2012, 02:11 AM
(12-08-2012 10:24 PM)Jacs9 Wrote:  I feel that P2 has an advantage now. The game mechanics has changed a little. It might even encourage more defensive moves than offensive moves with the +1 wit. If you move and hit me while I sit around and gets hit, it will not be difficult for me to retaliate as it it might require lesser wits to kill as many units. But then again I have been playing lesser games since the update and maybe my views don't paint the correct picture. Just my views. Please post what you think. Thanks.

The case is different in every game but here is a game I clearly won b/c I attacked first, game_taker vs iShot
12-09-2012, 03:55 AM
I think you also won because iShot was wasteful with his wits, moving his runner twice when one move could get him to the same place, doing lots of little one space hops with his soldiers instead of moving them up to the top of the map, deciding to make the very costly investment of hiking a sniper up one hop at a time. Also, on turn 10 he can clearly see that his heavy is about to be killed, but he doesn't do anything about it.

I'm not saying FTA wasn't also a part of it, but you also just plain outplayed him.