I'm Super-Titan, 2P has advantage.
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Is there first turn advantage?
12-07-2012, 11:40 AM
Is there first turn advantage?
Hey guys,

The update has been out for a while. What do you think? Does the first player have an advantage? Is it even? Does the second player have an advantage?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-07-2012, 11:43 AM (This post was last modified: 12-07-2012 11:46 AM by GoHeat 3.)
RE: Is there first turn advantage?
I definitely think P1 still has the slight advantage, that is if you use it correctly! What do you think garcia?

GC: GoHeat3
Super-Titan

[Image: sig.png]
12-07-2012, 11:50 AM
I will answer a bit later, I don't want to bias the results!!
12-07-2012, 11:56 AM
I think it's even, although I'd prefer to go second, even before the update. Idk why, maybe beacause I'm weird.

GC: Great Wolf Sif
12-07-2012, 05:21 PM
Recent results suggest that P1 still has an advantage, given he has the first chance to spawn units. The initiative is always for P1
12-07-2012, 08:03 PM
P1 has positional advantage and ability to dictate how the game will start and also possibly how it will proceed, as poweewee appropriately called it above, initiative.

You don't know me? Let me introduce myself. I am Anonymous. Super-Titan May the wits ever favor you.
12-07-2012, 09:39 PM
I'm reluctant to vote on the given options. For sure the gap has become much smaller, but I think the map you are on plays an even bigger part now in who is advantageous, especially with the +1 wit for kill mechanic. I think P1 advantage on Thorn Gully is huge. On the other hand, I think I might prefer 2P on Sweetie Plains. Haven't played enough yet to say for sure on all map so I guess we'll see..
12-07-2012, 10:56 PM (This post was last modified: 12-07-2012 10:57 PM by aaronINdayton.)
I think P1 advantage is still pretty big on Foundry, but that's only from some early testing. In any case, it's much better than before for all maps.
12-08-2012, 12:23 AM
I honestly don't know. Maybe. I think P1 has still the initiative, but I feel the +wits compensate that reasonably well.

But I think we can all agree that the advantage (if there is one) is much much smaller than before the patch and therefore probably harder to quantify.

Rising Star Tournament for Fluffy, Clever and Gifted players - FINAL ROUND started!
12-08-2012, 12:59 AM
I don't think there is a visible first turn advantage so I voted no. When I get matched up I don't think 'I wish I was player #' anymore. Mathematically I could see player one having a very slight advantage but really I've noticed no impacts on my games.

Top 200 peak ranking: #18 Super-Titan

I'm currently taking a competative break. Am up for friendlies and tournaments!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?