Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why more players don't buy the Uber pack
12-06-2012, 11:43 AM
RE: Why more players don't buy the Uber pack
Adorables is a better free class, because it 1) leads to exciting games, 2) is more aggressive, 3) is easier to use. Scallywags, people think "oh, so it's like a sniper, super boring."
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-06-2012, 11:49 AM (This post was last modified: 12-06-2012 11:50 AM by GoHeat 3.)
*bump
(12-06-2012 11:43 AM)garcia1000 Wrote:  Adorables is a better free class, because it 1) leads to exciting games, 2) is more aggressive, 3) is easier to use. Scallywags, people think "oh, so it's like a sniper, super boring."

Adorables are easier to use than Scallywags? That's news to me.

GC: GoHeat3
Super-Titan

[Image: sig.png]
12-06-2012, 12:03 PM
Yes, Adorables are easier to use than Scallywags for beginners. Rooting a bombshell is a big investment, and putting it in the wrong place means it is out of action. A Mobi is easy to use, you can just bring it anywhere and you won't go too wrong.
12-06-2012, 12:11 PM (This post was last modified: 12-06-2012 12:14 PM by GoHeat 3.)
(12-06-2012 12:03 PM)garcia1000 Wrote:  Yes, Adorables are easier to use than Scallywags for beginners. Rooting a bombshell is a big investment, and putting it in the wrong place means it is out of action. A Mobi is easy to use, you can just bring it anywhere and you won't go too wrong.

Other than placement, the BS just sits there and is quite easy to fire and protect at a beginner level. I do understand what you mean by placement though( my brother put his BS in front of the spawn in SFITongue). I'm just saying a Mobi takes a higher skill level to use effectively.

GC: GoHeat3
Super-Titan

12-06-2012, 12:23 PM
(12-06-2012 11:40 AM)daHsu Wrote:  -all classes available in first 5 matches would be amazing! Lets players really find their style. If three of those classes are then made premium players would quickly buy the other races if they used them before.

This doesn't seem like it would work. It took me a dozen games or so before I was even able to successfully spawn a Special.

Gamecenter: EmuchuSuper-Titan Top 200, #34
"How'd you fix it?"
"I just employed a blunt-impact mechanical stress routine."
"What?"
"I kicked it."
12-06-2012, 03:08 PM
Sorry I this idea has already been posted, didn't read every comment but.... I think Avatars are a great idea!
In a game called hero academy, which many here play, there is a shit ton of avatars to choose from. I have literally spent around $8 on avatars for that game. Not because I play it a lot, simply because I want to look cool :3
In outwitters everyone jus has that boring soldier avatar according to your race. Well what if OML charged extra money for a runner avatar? Or heavy? Medic? And so on.
OML can then charge extra money for Special unit avatars. Therefore if you see one with a special unit avatar, you know they bought the most expensive, most bad ass looking one.

Don't know about you guys but I would definately pay extra money just to look cooler in game.
12-06-2012, 07:27 PM
I would pay for an Avatar coz I just love the art. I'm already thinking of buying all the bases over a few months.
12-06-2012, 10:04 PM
I think being able to view tutorials in the form of replays in game would be great, and probably the easiest to employ.
What about in-game tornaments , and tornament modes.

Extra game content would be epic, and i know balancing and fairness is important, but what about having limited tainting(like start with an extra unit, changing dependant on map(sharkfood has only exta soldier/runner, foundry has twice the worth(due to spawns and size)) to provide a small advantage that isnt just extra wits)

As for extra special thats cheaper, well it could seriously change the game.
Mabey making the specials cheaper in the lower league(s)

Im placing my bet on extra game modes/minor, scaling advantages/extra content.
Brayton

Up for Friendliez! Gifted League GCID: braytos
12-07-2012, 03:45 AM
I just hope Outwitters does not go the way of Hero Academy and ber complicate itself as new, stranger races come out.

That said - I def think it would be worthwhile for OML to allow players more purchaseable content to customize their team. Castle Cutenstien, anyone?

Super-Titan
12-07-2012, 09:17 AM
This is perhaps a bit off-topic, but I wanted to say that I agree with you The RawkHawk. I haven't found the proper time to state this opinion, and I feel it would probably draw negative feedback especially from casual players, but I'm quite concerned about the addition of further teams. Four teams is already a lot to consider in terms of balance (in fact, just look at Starcraft 2 and you'll see even with only 3 teams balance is a constant issue of contention). Hopefully we won't see another team at least until after the current ones are looked at in depth and balanced as closely as is feasible. Personally I'm happy with the potential for variety we have at the moment with the 4 different playstyles the present teams bring and am looking forward more for the upcoming point system overhaul and seasons! Other kinds of features like stat tracking, clickable profiles from names in division rankings, out of match messaging system, and so on are features I'd prefer over a fifth team.

Of course, the issue is that these don't directly bring OML more money, whereas a new team would (though it's questionable how much due to the existence of the Uber Pack).

Perhaps OML should add a donation button. I know other indie iPhone game developers who have done so in the past, though I don't know how much they actually make from donations.

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]