AWESOMENESS!
no
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.25 Average
Petition: We want 2v2 top lists!
12-12-2012, 04:50 AM
RE: Petition: We want 2v2 top lists!
(12-12-2012 03:33 AM)Eijolend Wrote:  I have a theory why it may take so long. Since random teams are matched up against organized teams, maybe the matchmaking data is stored in a way, that you need to implement some kind of filter, to only get the ones you want.

Surely they have analysis tools to handle this. But I would love to hear this sort of explanation from OML.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-12-2012, 05:03 AM
(12-12-2012 03:33 AM)Eijolend Wrote:  I have a theory why it may take so long. Since random teams are matched up against organized teams, maybe the matchmaking data is stored in a way, that you need to implement some kind of filter, to only get the ones you want.

I hate that so badly. It feels like a disadvantage as the random player, and i fell like that shouldn't happen.

12-12-2012, 07:22 AM

That's how it is in Starcraft, but you're sure Outwitters matches random with arranged? I've only played against arranged teams as an arranged team so I wouldn't know.

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]
12-12-2012, 07:35 AM
(12-12-2012 07:22 AM)CombatEX Wrote:  

That's how it is in Starcraft, but you're sure Outwitters matches random with arranged? I've only played against arranged teams as an arranged team so I wouldn't know.

When I've played random it always seems I'm against teams that aren't random.

College Basketball Tournament for Outwitters!

They call me the weed cutter, the cutie killer, the machine masher, the pirate pulverizer.

Outwitters Name: Coolio - da best
12-12-2012, 07:44 AM (This post was last modified: 12-12-2012 07:46 AM by GreatGonzales.)
Perhaps there are merely more organized teams than randoms? This would make sense because there is a 2:1 ratio people selecting random, people organizing a team.
12-12-2012, 08:07 AM (This post was last modified: 12-12-2012 08:11 AM by joelduque.)
Don't bother with making a 2v2 list if 2v2 random is not made into another list, which is really a different universe than 2v2 with a dedicated, preselected teammate/buddy.

I suggest a global top 2v2 list with the following sublists:
1. 2v2 'partnered' and
2. 2v2 random

You don't know me? Let me introduce myself. I am Anonymous. Super-Titan May the wits ever favor you.
12-12-2012, 08:55 AM
You have to remember that is a lot of work. They are already maintaining one list now adding 2 plus fixing bugs, makin new teams, working on twilit to live, producing more games. I'm not tryin to pick a fight here but I just want to give you a possible Adam and Alex perspective. Would you rather have 2v2 lists or the game to be updated and new teams added?

They call me the weed cutter, the cutie killer, the machine masher, the pirate pulverizer.

12-12-2012, 09:02 AM (This post was last modified: 12-12-2012 09:05 AM by joelduque.)
My point is that if ever we want something new like a top list, at least I like it to make as much sense and significance as possible. I'm all for the game's development. So it is pretty much what direction the devs want it to take. They are geniuses; it is a given. Smile

You don't know me? Let me introduce myself. I am Anonymous. Super-Titan May the wits ever favor you.
12-12-2012, 09:04 AM
Well obviously. (And by the way I was not either of the people who voted for no)

12-12-2012, 09:17 AM
(12-12-2012 08:07 AM)joelduque Wrote:  Don't bother with making a 2v2 list if 2v2 random is not made into another list, which is really a different universe than 2v2 with a dedicated, preselected teammate/buddy.

I suggest a global top 2v2 list with the following sublists:
1. 2v2 'partnered' and
2. 2v2 random

I'm not sure they can provide a top 2v2 random list...what would that be? A top list among randoms who happen to be partnered with each other a lot, and also win a lot? Or would it be a list of single players who do random 2v2 and win a lot, so really it would be another form of top single player.

I think for simplicity's sake, OML should just provide top 2v2 teams, plain and simple. If by some miracle there is a random team in the top list, good for them! Incredibly unlikely of course. If someone was serious enough about 2v2, they would find a partner.