We need this now more than ever!

GC: GoHeat3
Super-Titan

[Image: sig.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2013, 12:01 PM
RE: Petition: We want 2v2 top lists!
I just want a reason as to why there haven't been any lists generated haha. Then we can put this thing to rest

iPro
02-19-2013, 12:14 PM
Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmpmpmpm

1 v 1 Master
2 v 2 Master w/ Myninja208

ICE clan member
02-19-2013, 04:59 PM
I just replied to two PM's regarding this issue so I'll just put my reply here as well:

It's not that the ranking is screwed up for 2v2 that is keeping me from doing a list, it's several other factors:
1. It's quite low on my priority list vs other things that effect a larger group of players in Outwitters
2. The ranking is not as cut and dry as 1v1. Ultimately, there'd basically be 2 lists (random and arranged)
3. If I somehow did find the time to do a 2v2 ranking list, I'd probably overhaul the system and just create an automated page all together for all game modes and call it a day.

As for the thresholds for leagues, we are tweaking that in the backend. We've pushed some changes for 1v1 leagues recently, but haven't addressed 2v2 (but will, just one thing at a time).

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe. - Carl Sagan
02-19-2013, 05:00 PM (This post was last modified: 02-19-2013 10:36 PM by TheQwertiest.)
thanks for clearing things up alex!
amazing how 1 post from alex can shut everyone up.
or maybe everyone is just resting for round 2..

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
02-20-2013, 01:25 AM
(02-19-2013 04:59 PM)onealexleft Wrote:  I just replied to two PM's regarding this issue so I'll just put my reply here as well:

It's not that the ranking is screwed up for 2v2 that is keeping me from doing a list, it's several other factors:
1. It's quite low on my priority list vs other things that effect a larger group of players in Outwitters
2. The ranking is not as cut and dry as 1v1. Ultimately, there'd basically be 2 lists (random and arranged)
3. If I somehow did find the time to do a 2v2 ranking list, I'd probably overhaul the system and just create an automated page all together for all game modes and call it a day.

As for the thresholds for leagues, we are tweaking that in the backend. We've pushed some changes for 1v1 leagues recently, but haven't addressed 2v2 (but will, just one thing at a time).

THANK YOU Alex for filling us in! Very sad that we have to wait for top lists, but understand that you have your hands full with more important updates for the game that we love.

It'll be GG when you're up against GG of GG.
02-20-2013, 05:11 AM
(02-19-2013 05:00 PM)TheQwertiest Wrote:  thanks for clearing things up alex!
amazing how 1 post from alex can shut everyone up.
or maybe everyone is just resting for round 2..

I would hope everyone would shut up after Alex took the time to provide us with a reasonable explanation. Anyway, thanks Alex!

While I do wish for 2v2 top ranks by hidden-rating, I'm glad that OML is continuing work on 1v1. In the meantime, 2v2 will remain a relaxing, casual diversion from 1v1.

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]
02-20-2013, 07:57 AM
(02-19-2013 04:59 PM)onealexleft Wrote:  I just replied to two PM's regarding this issue so I'll just put my reply here as well:

I wonder who the OTHER pm was from... Confused

College Basketball Tournament for Outwitters!

They call me the weed cutter, the cutie killer, the machine masher, the pirate pulverizer.

Outwitters Name: Coolio - da best