Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How is Bramble at low to intermediate play?
12-03-2012, 11:39 PM
RE: How is Bramble at low to intermediate play?
The thig with bramble is that it can piss off your opponents and stall them, but it costs so many wits to use thorns you forge to spawn stuff. A good balance of both is the best way to go
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-04-2012, 03:03 AM
(12-03-2012 11:17 PM)NDRDOG Wrote:  Plus that one-eyed cactus is so damn good looking, best looking unit in the game. Would make a great tattoo.

It looks like lipstick on a septic wiener!
12-04-2012, 05:15 AM
I once played a feedback player as veggienaugts and i think he used more vines that game that i did lol.

Gifted League Gamecenter:Phyresis
OSN Profile
Wolfpack on OSN
WE ARE THE WOLFPACK!
12-04-2012, 10:48 AM
(12-03-2012 02:31 PM)GreatGonzales Wrote:  I think the bramble is probably the most difficult of all the specials to use effectively. So, I think it may not be as sucky as you think.

Completely agree, I've found it stacks up quite well against the scrambler. Don't have enough experience against the other races though.

Soldier spam FTW
12-04-2012, 11:58 AM
Ive been using veggienauts a lot and the usefulness of bramble is really dependent on the map + your opponent's team.

On peekaboo -- I find useless
Reaper -- hard to use effectively, if vs bs its over
Thorn Gulley -- my special of choice for this map
Sweetie Plains -- really good (helped me beat some1 who I never beat before)
Foundry -- Can't really say, I've only used bramble a few times, and that was 4 shits n giggles (I had pretty much won already)
Sharkfood island -- Haven't used him here at all, and honestly I would be scared to.
Long Nine, Glitch -- Can't say effectively

Vs ScallyWags -- major disadvantage
FeedBack -- can't say
Adorables -- Major advantage
12-04-2012, 01:00 PM
(12-04-2012 11:58 AM)game_taker Wrote:  Ive been using veggienauts a lot and the usefulness of bramble is really dependent on the map + your opponent's team.

On peekaboo -- I find useless
Reaper -- hard to use effectively, if vs bs its over
Thorn Gulley -- my special of choice for this map
Sweetie Plains -- really good (helped me beat some1 who I never beat before)
Foundry -- Can't really say, I've only used bramble a few times, and that was 4 shits n giggles (I had pretty much won already)
Sharkfood island -- Haven't used him here at all, and honestly I would be scared to.
Long Nine, Glitch -- Can't say effectively

Vs ScallyWags -- major disadvantage
FeedBack -- can't say
Adorables -- Major advantage

Bramble usually trumps Adorables. True

Bramble is, for the most part, at a big disadvantage to the Bombshell. The BS can slam thorns and reduce a lot of them to one then scouts can pick apart the arteries (Parent Strands)

Don't even spawn one against feedback. It's like handing the enemy a free baby bramble. If they heal the scrambled thorn it basically becomes a Bramble

GC: Great Wolf Sif
12-04-2012, 01:21 PM
I feel like when I use bramble, I tend to ignore my other units/making new units, not becuz of ignorance, but in order to use bramble efficiently, especially against an aggressive opponent, it requires many wits, therefore I accidentily spend tons of wits on thorns while ignoring units that can, gosh I don't know, actually attack
12-04-2012, 03:06 PM (This post was last modified: 12-04-2012 03:07 PM by laYahooz.)
(12-04-2012 01:21 PM)Sasquatch Wrote:  I feel like when I use bramble, I tend to ignore my other units/making new units, not becuz of ignorance, but in order to use bramble efficiently, especially against an aggressive opponent, it requires many wits, therefore I accidentily spend tons of wits on thorns while ignoring units that can, gosh I don't know, actually attack
This is my main problem with bramble. I think the best way to go about using him is just spawn 1 branch a turn for like about let's say 5 turns, then use a lot of wits spawning thorns. I honestly hadn't played vegginauts much.

Also I think we should bring up bramble in 2v2. In the “lower levels of play," my partner and I have had good success going feedback and vegginauts. Its like a shield for scramblers! Really effective in our games (though I hadn't finished those games yet)
12-04-2012, 03:07 PM
(12-04-2012 01:00 PM)SerPurpleWolf Wrote:  Don't even spawn one against feedback. It's like handing the enemy a free baby bramble. If they heal the scrambled thorn it basically becomes a Bramble

And if the scramble gets far enough off up the chain, the rest of them becomes the other player's as well.

(Though the same rule applies with the parent thorn)

GC: TheGreatAnt
12-05-2012, 05:25 AM
I am in a Clever league. I have had only minimal success with Bramble so far, but after my first few tries at it I've sort of abandoned it in favor of Scallywags and Adorables. I have, however, seen some really effective uses of Bramble by my opponents, so I'm considering whether I should try it out again.

[Image: 257k5t3.jpg][Image: 33mq0s8.jpg]
If you don't get my jokes, it's because of Postmodernism.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user