Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How is Bramble at low to intermediate play?
12-03-2012, 12:58 PM
How is Bramble at low to intermediate play?
He sort of sucks at super-titan level, because most STs use Scallywags, which is the most powerful team. But enough about super-titans, I play them all the time. How do you guys in Fluffy, Clever, Gifted and Masters feel about them? Are brambles weak, good, or overpowered?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-03-2012, 01:01 PM (This post was last modified: 12-03-2012 01:04 PM by GoHeat 3.)
RE: How is Bramble at low to intermediate play?
In Masters I've played two people who have used them and they kinda suck! Also, my brother(in Clever) has got dominated a few times by them so it definitely varies.

GC: GoHeat3
Super-Titan

[Image: sig.png]
12-03-2012, 01:45 PM
Here's what I think. -- It's too early to say. Especially because relatively few players seem to be using Veggienauts. At least, I've played 25 games since the update and no one has used the Veggienauts. Even if you and others have come across Veggienaut players, they haven't had even a fraction of the time to develop their strategies as players have had with the other 3 teams.
12-03-2012, 01:59 PM
Right after the update, there were a lot of them. Haven't seen anyone use it well enough. Usually they spend wits building a wall and then a well placed attack wipes them out. Then the player is rolling down the hill.
12-03-2012, 02:31 PM
I think the bramble is probably the most difficult of all the specials to use effectively. So, I think it may not be as sucky as you think. That said, I also am not inclined to play Veggienauts since I don't see a lot of utility for the bramble. It could be that the bramble is only really useful on some levels, as well.
12-03-2012, 03:24 PM
These are some good opinions!
12-03-2012, 07:02 PM
I don't really figured out how to use the bramble correctly yet and I'm not sure that it fits my play style. However, I'm currently in a game where a get my ass handed to me by creative Bramble use, which either proves that I suck at playing Scallywags or that there is indeed a use for the Bramble...

Rising Star Tournament for Fluffy, Clever and Gifted players - FINAL ROUND started!
12-03-2012, 07:34 PM
My opponents have only used bramble once and it was catastrophic. This is in fluffy league. I think this might be because I am very aggressive though
12-03-2012, 08:53 PM
Bramble kinda sucks imo.
12-03-2012, 11:17 PM (This post was last modified: 12-03-2012 11:25 PM by NDRDOG.)
At first I was really disappointed in Bramble feeling that it was a very weak unit. I then had my a%% handed to me by a few players using some similar yet different stratigies using the Veginaughts with the Sprout as I've come to call it. Now I believe it can be one of the most effective, and frustrating to your opponent, units to play if done correctly. It's been said already in this thread that its early in the Veginaughts lives and they need to be played to be understood. The intricacies of Bramble and how to use it are also in their infancy. If the wall is wiped out in one hit, than it was not utilized correctly. No single blow should do more than a few tiles of damage yet an entire map can be controlled by the Sprouts, quickly. They are not my favorite team but they have earned my respect. Plus that one-eyed cactus is so damn good looking, best looking unit in the game. Would make a great tattoo.

I'm not saying, I'm just sayin'.