Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
College Basketball Tournament for Outwitters! [TOURNEY TIME! R4: TG]
12-07-2012, 01:46 PM
RE: College Basketball Tournament for Outwitters!
I think I'm gonna cap registration now with 136 people. And if it ends up there's too many people at least everyone on these forums will have learned a lesson about big tournaments.

College Basketball Tournament for Outwitters!

They call me the weed cutter, the cutie killer, the machine masher, the pirate pulverizer.

Outwitters Name: Coolio - da best
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-07-2012, 04:30 PM
RE: College Basketball Tournament for Outwitters! [registration closed]
I'm new here, please sign me up!
Gametag: SmellyStinky
Current League: Gifted 28th
12-07-2012, 11:13 PM
[registration is officially closed]

They call me the weed cutter, the cutie killer, the machine masher, the pirate pulverizer.

12-08-2012, 07:30 AM (This post was last modified: 12-08-2012 07:32 AM by GoHeat 3.)
You've got quite a turn out Coolio! Good luck!Smile
Also, are you gonna do like a Top 25 like College Basketball?
You could go by the best records or have a group of voters like the AP Poll!

GC: GoHeat3
Super-Titan

[Image: sig.png]
12-08-2012, 07:34 AM (This post was last modified: 12-08-2012 07:53 AM by Ludo_06.)
I was sign in page 8 but finally not in the list... Dont know why? Next Time, one top100 less, bye
(12-08-2012 07:39 AM)GoHeat 3 Wrote:  
(12-08-2012 07:34 AM)Ludo_06 Wrote:  I was sign in page 8 but finally not in the list... Dont know why? Next Time, one top100 less, bye

I'm sure he accidentally overlooked you! After all, he had to write down A LOT of names.

Sure, it doesnt matter. GL to all players. Big Grin
12-08-2012, 07:39 AM
(12-08-2012 07:34 AM)Ludo_06 Wrote:  I was sign in page 8 but finally not in the list... Dont know why? Next Time, one top100 less, bye

I'm sure he accidentally overlooked you! After all, he had to write down A LOT of names.

GC: GoHeat3
Super-Titan

[Image: sig.png]
12-08-2012, 11:02 AM
(12-07-2012 11:44 AM)djwhatthebleep Wrote:  Thanks for the clarification. I've got a few more thoughts/questions:

Is there any way you can set a solid date so I can be sure to check back then? It's a bit tedious to check back here every time I get a topic reply notification email (which will undoubtedly be sent quite often at this rate).

I'm wondering ow long will each match be allowed to take? You're looking at well over 100 players now, so it seems like it will take forever to finish the tourney if some games take a while…

Also, what is the purpose of knowing each entrant's rank and league? I noticed that you are writing it down in the list. If the match-ups are random, then it doesn't seem like it matters here.

Lastly, if you need an extra hand with organizing this massive undertaking, holler at me. I'm happy to help make something like this successful.

Thanks for what you're doing here, regardless.

[quote='Coolio' pid='16333' dateline='1354833688']
All info will be posted here in this thread. When registration closes (probably in about a week or so) I will make the conferences/groups randomly. I will post them here and will post the first matchups then too.

1. I am going to post the groupings and the first matchups this weekend. Then I'd like to give everyone a couple dad to come on and see their matchups. I am aiming for the start date to being the 14th or 15th possibly.

2. I see your concern in this poit and I do think this tournament will take a little bit. The only reason I'm hesitant is you can't have a replay link for an ongoing game. What I was thinking is you have 4 days to complete your games. I think this is a reasonable amount of time. If your game is not over, whoever has more base points left wins. If no one replies about the base points or replay link or if both players have the same amount of base points, then the game will be a tie. The only thing I'm worried about is if the opponent is inactive it would be punishing the better player. If the opponent never made a move, I suppose I could give the win to the other player though. Tell me what you think about this.

3. Knowing the league and ranking was just for a little fun so you know who you're up against.

12-08-2012, 12:37 PM
Heart super yes, please. K0h4ku .
12-08-2012, 03:36 PM
(12-08-2012 11:02 AM)Coolio Wrote:  1. I am going to post the groupings and the first matchups this weekend. Then I'd like to give everyone a couple dad to come on and see their matchups. I am aiming for the start date to being the 14th or 15th possibly.

2. I see your concern in this poit and I do think this tournament will take a little bit. The only reason I'm hesitant is you can't have a replay link for an ongoing game. What I was thinking is you have 4 days to complete your games. I think this is a reasonable amount of time. If your game is not over, whoever has more base points left wins. If no one replies about the base points or replay link or if both players have the same amount of base points, then the game will be a tie. The only thing I'm worried about is if the opponent is inactive it would be punishing the better player. If the opponent never made a move, I suppose I could give the win to the other player though. Tell me what you think about this.

3. Knowing the league and ranking was just for a little fun so you know who you're up against.

Not a real fan of the base rule, however as it is an effective way of keeping the tounry from taking over a year to finish I think it is a good one of its purpose.
Also if someone doesn't make a move they deserve to lose, doesn't matter if they are better or not. I think you should extend this rule, if someone appears to be losing they might choose to just no play so it will be considered a tie not a lost.
12-08-2012, 03:42 PM
(12-08-2012 03:36 PM)game_taker Wrote:  
(12-08-2012 11:02 AM)Coolio Wrote:  1. I am going to post the groupings and the first matchups this weekend. Then I'd like to give everyone a couple dad to come on and see their matchups. I am aiming for the start date to being the 14th or 15th possibly.

Not a real fan of the base rule, however as it is an effective way of keeping the tounry from taking over a year to finish I think it is a good one of its purpose.
Also if someone doesn't make a move they deserve to lose, doesn't matter if they are better or not. I think you should extend this rule, if someone appears to be losing they might choose to just no play so it will be considered a tie not a lost.

That's what i was thinking except you have to remember that I can't have a link to the game while it's being played. So how would I know if they were purposely not playing? That's why I made it 4 days for if they don't make any moves they'll lose automatically right? Though if the person is down base points there would be no reason to delay the game as it wouldn't help them. Overall I just hope everyone's honest during this.