Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unable to Play due to Inactives
12-04-2012, 05:27 AM
RE: Unable to Play due to Inactives
(12-03-2012 05:50 AM)Emuchu Wrote:  (On that note, never, ever start a 2v2 game on Randoms, you've been warned!)

Well, i get almost all of my 2v2r games finished, although i keep matching Gifted League. If you are in Fluffy, you will be doomed though.

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-04-2012, 09:01 AM
The best way to combat inactives is to designate a few of your game slots for some friendly games, so if someone goes cold on you, you can impose your own time limit by giving up without consequence.

Fortunately I haven't had to deal with the 5-game limit as I went for the über pack on day one. I usually will start 2-3 games at once and hope for some active players and not someone stacking the queue and taking their turns one at a time every three days.

[Image: sig.png]
12-04-2012, 09:07 AM
(12-04-2012 02:07 AM)wonderpug Wrote:  I think it would be worth OML considering making the first X games or the first X days of a new player be able to go beyond the 5 game limit. Again, you gotta get that fresh blood into the system, and first impressions are everything. Giving them a taste of having a higher than 5 game cap may also give them a bigger incentive to make a purchase when their trial period is up.

What about having your first several games with a two day limit on turns? That would give people a quicker feel for the game in those important first few days, while its new and interesting. /shrug

Da Wizerd - Super-Titan
12-04-2012, 11:50 AM (This post was last modified: 12-04-2012 11:56 AM by bmike.)
I've always thought that perhaps there could be two timers for games.

1) Hard and fast, 4 days (or whatever)
2) 24 hour limit if you have make moves on other boards and are letting one (or many) games "ice" - this would add complexity - perhaps it could be you make two moves on another board while still not making any moves on another. It would add complexity - the game would have to turn the "at risk of early termination" games blinking red or something when it made a decision to speed the deadline.

The benefit of this change would be everyone waiting a 4 day timeout at least knows that their opponent is truly gone from the game for everyone and not just for them (or that one game).

That being said - not dropping three dollars in the store to get Feedback and 20 games at one time seems like a no-brainer bad decision.
12-31-2012, 04:54 AM (This post was last modified: 12-31-2012 04:54 AM by kRaZyXmAn.)
Just like to update that I've bought the uber pack, been promoted to clever league (and rising) and am enjoying the game much more now (<3 Feedback )
12-31-2012, 05:35 AM
I've just posted about this as well in another thread, sorry for any duplication, but it's definitely An important problem that needs fixing. If you want to have greater adoption rates of the game from newbs that are actually gonna play then you need to have game timers. because of the no game timers, some players stop responding, then the newb new player maxes out their 5 games, and you can't lock them out after 5 games and expect them to pay for the extended number of games ... Especially not after they have been waiting and waiting for days between turns.

I would love to see the statistics on the number of newb players that end up paying for one of the packs ... Bet it's a pretty low ratio. Without game timers there is little incentive to pay after waiting for each turn in each game for multiple days.

People that have been playing for a while don't probably even understand this problem because it may be less apparent or problematic in higher leagues ...

Also, in regards to the poster above who said "you got this game for free" ... Yah, I think that was a mistake by one man left ... This game should have been a paid game from the start.

In addition to that ... Adding game timers that end games should improve server resources as well because it will close out the games that are dead in the water ... Thus allowing for greater resource allocation for gamers that are actually actively playing ....

To increase adoption rates of new gamers .... Please add timers ....
01-01-2013, 08:02 AM
In response to the original post, a 2 day time limit would be ridiculous, there is the possibility of non wifi coverage, weekend players, etc.

Ideas to counteract leavers:
Maybe at 2 days notify the player through push notifications. If the player uninstalls, automatically make him lose all games and delete their account.
01-01-2013, 03:09 PM
That being said - not dropping three dollars in the store to get Feedback and 20 games at one time seems like a no-brainer bad decision.
[/quote]

I see what you did there.

Id love this option- it was requested it beta numerous times.

Up for Friendliez! Gifted League GCID: braytos
09-20-2013, 08:36 AM
I have a game at 6 days inactive, one at 5. supposedly it fixes itself but I haven't seen it work correctly. I have the paid version for 20 games and its annoying to pay for a game and then have to wait 6 days and end up quitting myself because it won't force the other player to lose. I think the limit needs to be moved up to 2 days and should be clipped at that point. If you're a paying member it's a waste if time and a turn off about the game. Would be much more fun to play with active players.
09-20-2013, 08:41 AM (This post was last modified: 09-20-2013 08:42 AM by Chas3r 926.)
Lol u say u quit, but the timer now usually times out at about six or seven days so if u waited 1 more day u would've won.

Also as you get into higher league you get more active people.

GC: Chas3r 926 Master League