Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unable to Play due to Inactives
12-03-2012, 04:46 AM
RE: Unable to Play due to Inactives
(12-03-2012 04:08 AM)game_taker Wrote:  
(12-02-2012 06:49 PM)kRaZyXmAn Wrote:  Well, I have a game that says 4 days old and still active. We will see if it ends soon. Either way there is no reason it should be longer than 48 hours IMHO

It is a 4 day limit, meaning the other person has exactly 4 days to play. So after the 4 days you will win the game.
Also its cool that your giving you opinion on how to improve the game, but you have only started playing it, as you mentioned, so I think its a bit early to be giving advice on changing important rules like that.
I think the 4 day limit is fine, I have seen people come back after 2 days, and even on a few occurrence after 3 days.

@Every1 who was being a dick to krazyxman, he did just buy the game. The term "freeloader" should be used to describe people who have been using this game for months and haven't bought anything.

I guess I'm just active player so 4 days seems too long to me. Thanks though. I am glad there is at least some time limit so at most I will not play for 4 days, lol
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-03-2012, 04:56 AM
I'm also active but when I paired 3$ for the 35 game thing, I dislike being too active.
12-03-2012, 05:04 AM
(12-02-2012 07:08 PM)worldfamous Wrote:  If the reason you only have 5 games is because you haven't bought anything, don't the door hit your ass on the way out. Good riddance, freeloader. If I'm wrong, just start more games. I rarely run into more than 3 or 4 laggers.

Hey, for all the players giving kRaZyXmAn answers similar to this one please remember where we would all be without the new blood that fresh players bring - looking for a new game to play. We should act as ambassadors for the game and not take the combative tone when not on the field.

KRaZyXmAn - I too was very frustrated by people who wouldn't play their turn even with the 20 game limit. I still have players who won't play when they are close to loosing!? I think it's a huge positive however that you came to the forums instead of just getting frustrated and quitting, which I think is much to common. Stick with it, this is a game of patience and strategy, just be patience and better players will come.

I'm not saying, I'm just sayin'.
12-03-2012, 05:39 AM
(12-03-2012 05:04 AM)NDRDOG Wrote:  
(12-02-2012 07:08 PM)worldfamous Wrote:  If the reason you only have 5 games is because you haven't bought anything, don't the door hit your ass on the way out. Good riddance, freeloader. If I'm wrong, just start more games. I rarely run into more than 3 or 4 laggers.

Hey, for all the players giving kRaZyXmAn answers similar to this one please remember where we would all be without the new blood that fresh players bring - looking for a new game to play. We should act as ambassadors for the game and not take the combative tone when not on the field.

KRaZyXmAn - I too was very frustrated by people who wouldn't play their turn even with the 20 game limit. I still have players who won't play when they are close to loosing!? I think it's a huge positive however that you came to the forums instead of just getting frustrated and quitting, which I think is much to common. Stick with it, this is a game of patience and strategy, just be patience and better players will come.

Thanks, thankfully a couple people came back, but there is still a 3 day and 4 day one active, hopefully they will end soon tho
12-03-2012, 05:40 AM
(12-03-2012 05:04 AM)NDRDOG Wrote:  

Ok, maybe I jumped the gun there and I apologize. I just have a hard time dealing with complaints about a game that is is the best in the App Store without even spending a nickel. To Krazyman, trust me, spend the $6 or $7 dollars on the ultra pack or whatever it's called, and you won't be disappointed. This game is far better than almost every game that I've paid $60 for on consoles. I would go so far as to say its in my top 10 all time across all platforms.
12-03-2012, 05:50 AM
(12-03-2012 05:40 AM)worldfamous Wrote:  To Krazyman, trust me, spend the $6 or $7 dollars on the ultra pack or whatever it's called, and you won't be disappointed.

It's called the Uber pack. And yeah, people dropping their games is pretty frustrating, especially back when I was in the lower leagues, but once you get into GiftedGifted League / MasterMaster League, the players get far more dedicated. (On that note, never, ever start a 2v2 game on Randoms, you've been warned!)

I can strongly recommend you pick up the Uber pack, as the other teams are a blast, but they're not required: the Scallywags are widely regarded as the most easy-to-use and straightforward team. You'll appreciate the full 20-game limit, though! (And OML is pulling a serious deficit keeping this game running for us, you can help 'em out.)

Gamecenter: EmuchuSuper-Titan Top 200, #34
"How'd you fix it?"
"I just employed a blunt-impact mechanical stress routine."
"What?"
"I kicked it."
12-03-2012, 01:40 PM
I've been playing Outwitters since the day it was released (but only just signed up today on the forum!) and believe it or not, originally there was a seven-day period until games expired. It was reduced to four days because the consensus was that too many people would start a game, play a few turns, then stop playing, which held up a game slot for too long. So compared to before, the game seems to have struck a better balance between making sure you move promptly while respecting the fact that people have other things going on in their lives.

The reason they can't just let you play as many games as you want is because every time you send a turn, it uses computer server resources. That costs money, so if you haven't bought anything in the store your game limit is reduced to limit the amount of money you are costing Adam and Alex.
12-03-2012, 02:01 PM
Yes, please be patient. If you get five games with no activity, it can be frustrating, but this really isn't a high speed game at all. I sometimes take a long time to make a single move because I want to think long and hard about what I want to do before I commit to a plan. The game is, however, extremely fun once you really start getting deep into the strategy involved in playing it, so I urge you to stick with it. And if you have people not taking their turns in a timely manner, you can always switch over to another game to help pass the time (Tilt to Live comes to mind).

[Image: 257k5t3.jpg][Image: 33mq0s8.jpg]
If you don't get my jokes, it's because of Postmodernism.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-04-2012, 02:07 AM
I think it would be worth OML considering making the first X games or the first X days of a new player be able to go beyond the 5 game limit. Again, you gotta get that fresh blood into the system, and first impressions are everything. Giving them a taste of having a higher than 5 game cap may also give them a bigger incentive to make a purchase when their trial period is up.
12-04-2012, 03:43 AM
Not sure if you're playing ranked or randoms, but in my experience ranked games play much faster.