Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Someone wrote an article about Outwitters being a financial flop
12-02-2012, 07:04 PM (This post was last modified: 12-02-2012 07:05 PM by =) Random Task (=.)
RE: Someone wrote an article about Outwitters being a financial flop
F2P haters attacking Outwitters is pure ignorance. Teir critique is valid for Zynga practice but Outwitters is a totally different cconcept as Admiral77 and Garcia1000 rightly point out.

These people never bothered to check how Outwitters financial model actually functions despite the description in the wired article and the possibility to download the game and check it out oneself for free.

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2u7x1fb.jpg]
awesome signature design by .Memories.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-02-2012, 11:50 PM
(12-02-2012 11:53 AM)Admiral 77 Wrote:  The haters won't download. And the people who did download found out they could play the whole game AND be successful without purchasing anything. Hence low revenue.

Yep, when i was recommending this game to my friends, I caught myself saying "you basically get the whole game free". Fortunately they came to appreciate it enough to later buy all the teams, but most people are happy getting all they can for nothing.

Da Wizerd - Super-Titan
12-03-2012, 02:24 AM
Ummm I was scrolling down the forums on my phone and rated this thread 5 stars. My bad.

GC: Great Wolf Sif
12-03-2012, 02:30 AM
(12-03-2012 02:24 AM)SerPurpleWolf Wrote:  Ummm I was scrolling down the forums on my phone and rated this thread 5 stars. My bad.

why would 5 stars be bad

[Image: 9d7f96a4e69f9e49b3bcb2a9b2aa3267_zpsffc0a44c.jpg]
Anonymous Clan
GC: Pastil*
12-06-2012, 01:49 AM (This post was last modified: 12-06-2012 01:50 AM by metalsquid.)
So if the free + IAP model hasn't worked, why not change the model? Increase the price to $6.99 or whatever and give all the teams with the game. Then all the F2P whiners can shuttup and feel like they're downloading a 'full' game.
12-06-2012, 02:41 AM (This post was last modified: 12-06-2012 02:43 AM by Sakiehl.)
The majority of people I know with iPhones refuse to pay for apps. I always hear "Oh, I never pay for apps" when I recommend a game. They stick to the junky free games.

It doesn't make sense to me. Why pay hundreds of dollars for a computer in your pocket and then refuse to pay 99 cents here and there for the software. I don't think they realize how much better many of the paid apps are.
Although, FreeAppADay type sites combined with Appshopper means I've downloaded many many quality free games that I would've probably paid for. It guess it's worth it for publicity or else they wouldn't keep doing it.
12-06-2012, 02:45 AM (This post was last modified: 12-06-2012 02:48 AM by TheQwertiest.)
i just reread the article.. its so sad.. Sad
imo, this is the best game in the app store.

i think what they forgot to take into account was the target crowd they had for this type of game.
this type of game requires intellect to excel(its not fun when you always lose. so you need to atleast be good at it to enjoy it), its not like the temple run game where anyone (even a 5 y.o. child can beat the sh*t out of you) can easily get accustomed and enjoy the game after a few tries. (so your target crowd for the game is smaller) that being said, a lot wont enjoy their first few games leading to them stopping early and also a lot of those downloaders wont have the patience to continue playing. (i almost didnt.. thank god i continued..)

[also, people dont download games expecting to wait a few hours or days just to play a turn. so they lose interest in playing.]

Anonymous Clan
12-06-2012, 03:20 AM
Its weird to me because 50% of folks seem to like this better than Hero Academy, but Hero Academy has 50,000 gamecenter folks with their new (6th team). For the sixth team alone, not counting non-gamecenter users, their revenue is 50,000 x $1.99. Sounds like Outwitters hasnt even netted that much.
12-06-2012, 03:27 AM
HA and Outwitters are very different. There are a ton of reasons to prefer one over the other.
12-06-2012, 03:31 AM
downloading HA now.

Anonymous Clan