Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Someone wrote an article about Outwitters being a financial flop
12-06-2012, 03:36 AM
RE: Someone wrote an article about Outwitters being a financial flop
I'm surprised to hear that this game has trouble getting a large player base - but obviously I'm biased.

Super-Titan
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-06-2012, 04:11 AM (This post was last modified: 12-06-2012 04:13 AM by metalsquid.)
Well, this is how I would try to save Outwitters. If Adam and Alex are planning to do any more team expansions, do not add them to this game. Start over. Take all the current teams and maps, add in the new ones and release it as a new app. Call it Outwitters 2 and charge $6.99 for the whole shebang, no IAP. So all the 550k Scallywags can keep what they already have. Only new, paying users of Outwitters 2 will get all the latest teams and maps. For anyone who paid money for Outwitters, OML can send them a code to download Outwitters 2 for free, as a thank you for the support. Then I would also take a vein from Hero Academy and make the icon look more like the cartoony, in-game art to catch the eye. It's proven that it works.
12-06-2012, 05:34 AM
(12-06-2012 04:11 AM)metalsquid Wrote:  Well, this is how I would try to save Outwitters. If Adam and Alex are planning to do any more team expansions, do not add them to this game. Start over. Take all the current teams and maps, add in the new ones and release it as a new app. Call it Outwitters 2 and charge $6.99 for the whole shebang, no IAP. So all the 550k Scallywags can keep what they already have. Only new, paying users of Outwitters 2 will get all the latest teams and maps. For anyone who paid money for Outwitters, OML can send them a code to download Outwitters 2 for free, as a thank you for the support. Then I would also take a vein from Hero Academy and make the icon look more like the cartoony, in-game art to catch the eye. It's proven that it works.

Excellent way to handle this... +1 from me. I bought the entire team packs and will be buying a few bases to support OML, but this sounds like a better way to go. Only Q I have is the price point. $6.99 might not get many. Maybe $3.99, but if 50% of the free users convert, then that may make it profitable. They could also phase out standard Outwitters after about 4 months I suppose as well...
12-06-2012, 05:54 AM
I'm wondering how the finances are doing now that veggies and base purchasing are around.
12-06-2012, 06:10 AM
I recignize a much highrt participation in the forums now. Looks like the player community is growing. Could be a word ofmmouth long term win for OML.

Buet guesswork aside Id also be interested if the situation has improved for OML...

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2u7x1fb.jpg]
awesome signature design by .Memories.
12-06-2012, 09:31 AM
(12-06-2012 05:54 AM)aaronINdayton Wrote:  I'm wondering how the finances are doing now that veggies and base purchasing are around.

No one can buy bases if there's the base buying glitch T-T

Masters again finally Master League

Member of the Wolfpack clan.