Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game stats
12-02-2012, 05:56 AM
Game stats
Wouldnt it be nice if we had

1) a true player strength rating
2) wins/losses stats (with 7 day change indicator)
3) all stats in a breakdown per map
4)!all stats in a breakdown per team (s/f/a/v)

Am I asking for too much? Too little?
What do you think?

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2u7x1fb.jpg]
awesome signature design by .Memories.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-02-2012, 05:58 AM
RE: Game stats
Yes, yes, yes, and more yes. We definately need more tools that give players an idea in which sectors of the game their good at and where they need improvement in. Wins/loss record is a definate must
12-02-2012, 09:09 AM
I agree with 2, 3, and 4. I don't want 1 though. If you look at the supertitan replay thread onealexleft said that he was working on a season system for the next update where points will actually be reflective of skill. This way if you're at the top of your division you'll know you're nearing promotion whereas right now you have no idea. This should be a satisfactory indicator of progress.
12-02-2012, 11:34 AM
I think that sounds like a fantastic iap!!

Except #1, I agree with ImperialSun's comments above.

Proud member of Anonymous clan
Master League 1x1, occasionally top 200
Master League 2x2 w Ryzuma
12-02-2012, 07:10 PM
Ok if 2 to 4 are implemented and the league position gives a good idea about true strength i could live with it. I however still fail to understand why a true strength rating wouldn't be a good thing. Chess players also measure their elo rating wehich is the closest equivalent to what i am asking for and nobody is put down by that. To the contrary it motivates you to improve to reach certain psychological thresholds (like elo2000).

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2u7x1fb.jpg]
awesome signature design by .Memories.
12-03-2012, 01:19 AM
I think showing the hidden rating would make the current league/points pretty much meaningless, and the devs have put a lot of work into those. While they aren't perfect they are more eloquent than the standard I'm 17289 out of 372927 players or whatever.

I also think since hidden rating drives matchmaking, having an air of mystery around it makes it less likely for people to find a way to game the system.

The current point system within leagues ain't working that good, but I'm sure it'll just take a couple of tweaks (bonus pool, seasons, etc). I think listing hidden ratings is just a quick fix, I'd rather be patient as the league/points system improves.

I also remind myself that I play for fun - I've always found I'm matched with people at my skill level usually have close fun games. Rank me however you want, as long as I keep having fun games the system works for me.

Proud member of Anonymous clan
Master League 1x1, occasionally top 200
Master League 2x2 w Ryzuma
12-03-2012, 04:22 AM
(12-02-2012 09:09 AM)ImperialSun Wrote:  I agree with 2, 3, and 4. I don't want 1 though. If you look at the supertitan replay thread onealexleft said that he was working on a season system for the next update where points will actually be reflective of skill. This way if you're at the top of your division you'll know you're nearing promotion whereas right now you have no idea. This should be a satisfactory indicator of progress.

Cant wait for the new system sounds like it will be great.
Adding 2,3, and 4 would definitely help players know where to get better, but I'm wondering if it would be 2 much info. ie Result in faster/longer burnouts that many players appear to get.
12-07-2012, 04:13 AM
I've been looking for #s 2, 3, and 4 for a long time now. Very helpful information (I'm a sucker for statistics) but maybe it's too much work to show these?
12-07-2012, 08:57 AM
If it's too much work at the moment, I imagine OML can still implement it some time later. Took Blizzard over 2 years so really anything less than that and OML is still beating a AAA developer. Wink

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]