Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.8 Average
Losing Interest...
12-02-2012, 07:29 AM
RE: Losing Interest...
(12-02-2012 06:40 AM)Random Task Wrote:  I am still on a steep learning curve.

Agreed. Very steep!!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-02-2012, 07:36 AM
(12-02-2012 07:29 AM)Go Time Wrote:  
(12-02-2012 06:40 AM)Random Task Wrote:  I am still on a steep learning curve.

Agreed. Very steep!!

Definitely changed things up. That's for sure. I don't have clear strategies composed yet. Especially on the new maps.

[Admiral 77] Super-Titan
#35 in Top 100
12-02-2012, 08:35 AM
I've found playing less games is a good way to counter this. Having 20+ games is a good recipe for burnout.

New update also provides a lot to master. Start playing your least favorite race. If you usually turtle, start rushing. If you usually rush, start turtle. Create double mobis in every game you play...

Soldier spam FTW
12-02-2012, 09:04 AM
I changed my team with the update and it's been a lot of fun to mix it up. Also as Alvendor said, playing so many concurrent games can really damper the enjoyment of the game. Too much of a good thing can actually be bad (I know there's a more eloquent way of phrasing this, but you get the idea).
12-02-2012, 11:18 AM
Recently i have been experimenting with just how early i can get a bombshell out. Ridiculous things like turn 3 rooted bombshell on glitch, lol. So i am still in this learning process
12-06-2012, 06:08 AM
I agree with you admiral about the plus one change. I feel as if it has thrown off the balance of th game that I was initially attracted to. I used to plan moves several turns in advance but that's lost now.
12-06-2012, 07:18 AM
I agree with the others. It's just burnout. I was the same, full game lists, taking turns in between every other real-life activity for the entire day. Delaying going to bed due to wanting to finish matches with players from time zones. In the end I realised that I needed to stop or I wasn't going to get any work done (I freelance from home.) So I've been away for a while and came back for the new Veggie team. Hadn't been following the forums so I was surprised at the new +1 mechanic. Can't say it's changed the game in a bad way. In fact it's nice to think about old strategies in new ways due to it. Freshens things up a bit. Anyway, don't worry, take some time out. This game will still be great when you return and we'll all still be here. I still see all the same old names posting here from the time the game launched, and many new ones!
12-06-2012, 12:08 PM
2x2 is also an interesting change of pace. They tend to move a little slower, which sucks when you have the itch for a lot of outwitters, but really is a different game and an element not a lot fully appreciate.

Proud member of Anonymous clan
Master League 1x1, occasionally top 200
Master League 2x2 w Ryzuma
12-07-2012, 09:56 AM
(12-06-2012 12:08 PM)RandyDogz Wrote:  2x2 is also an interesting change of pace. They tend to move a little slower, which sucks when you have the itch for a lot of outwitters, but really is a different game and an element not a lot fully appreciate.

Ya. I've been trying the 2v2. It's cool, but its soooo slow!! It takes forever.

[Admiral 77] Super-Titan
#35 in Top 100
12-07-2012, 01:40 PM (This post was last modified: 12-07-2012 01:42 PM by MrUseless.)
I've gone through burnout in all these type games, including Hero Academy. I deal with it by stepping away from the game or at least not playing any League matches for a while.

But I haven't burned out on 2v2 yet, it's a wonderful change of pace. And the slower turns really help with the burnout. I think my burnout comes from constantly playing or looking to see if my opponent has moved. With 2v2, I just sit back and wait and it seems more relaxed.