Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Female players
01-12-2013, 09:02 AM
RE: Female players
I'm female. I don't see why there would be less females on outwitters. There's nothing particularly gender-based about the game.

Once a master of nothing, now a noob to pretty much everything.
Hiatus resolved. I stalk these hallways again.
GC Silent_Dynasty because I'm indecisive and whatever ;u;
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-29-2013, 09:18 AM
(12-01-2012 03:13 AM)CombatEX Wrote:  Maybe this should have been a poll.

I'd be interested in knowing the % of female playing this game too!
01-29-2013, 10:44 AM
I'd say around 1/3 of the screennames I see in random matchups include female sounding GC names like "sara1234" or something. That's not factoring in the percentage of neutral names that could be either, or the ones who have girly names despite being boys though :/

GameCenter: ElPared
Master League Crying Foot Master League

OSN Player Profile: ElPared -- I'm always posting both wins and losses, critiques welcome
06-20-2013, 10:48 PM
I'm a girl too.
06-22-2013, 09:26 AM
I play a lot of different games, and many of them have very obnoxious and abrasive communities. This game though, for an unknown reason, tends to attract more mature people, so people are less scared (for lack of better words) to be themselves.

Gifted League Gamecenter:Phyresis
OSN Profile
Wolfpack on OSN
WE ARE THE WOLFPACK!
06-22-2013, 09:40 AM
(06-22-2013 09:26 AM)Phyresis Wrote:  I play a lot of different games, and many of them have very obnoxious and abrasive communities. This game though, for an unknown reason, tends to attract more mature people, so people are less scared (for lack of better words) to be themselves.

for a second i thought you meant "mature" in terms of more senior, aged, etc and I thought to myself.. I am not that mature yet Tongue
06-24-2013, 01:47 PM
Norahsul is a lady...

I like big BUTs and I cannot lie...
06-24-2013, 02:40 PM
Obviously the game does not discriminate against females, but there is still a large gap between the number of males against the number of female players. There's nothing wrong with that; in fact it is quite expected.

It is much like in chess, where some people say females should be on equal footing against the males since it is not a physical game, rather a thinking/mental one; however, evidence suggests that the males still dominate the game, perhaps because of different thinking processes.
06-24-2013, 04:14 PM (This post was last modified: 06-24-2013 04:14 PM by Norahsul.)
(06-24-2013 01:47 PM)baopu Wrote:  Norahsul is a lady...

I shall be flattered

(06-24-2013 02:40 PM)poweewee Wrote:  Obviously the game does not discriminate against females, but there is still a large gap between the number of males against the number of female players. There's nothing wrong with that; in fact it is quite expected.

It is much like in chess, where some people say females should be on equal footing against the males since it is not a physical game, rather a thinking/mental one; however, evidence suggests that the males still dominate the game, perhaps because of different thinking processes.

I think it's the competitiveness nature that's rooted in male species lol
06-24-2013, 04:31 PM
I've always gotten the impression we have an larger than average female population playing Outwitters compared to our previous games. I've got no official statistics or anything, just that I tend to correspond with a lot more females via our social media and support channels for the game vs Tilt to Live.

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe. - Carl Sagan