Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Female players
12-01-2012, 08:21 PM
RE: Female players
In general zero-sum games like Outwitters appeal less to females, that's just a general observation
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-01-2012, 08:40 PM
(12-01-2012 05:26 PM)Erenan Wrote:  It seems that over the course of the history of video games in general, the audience has grown steadily and games have become far more accepted in a broad way. My guess is that they will continue to do so and will eventually take their rightful place as a respected form of entertainment and art alongside other media such as books, movies, music, etc... And in the process the audience will continue to expand, and the demographics of the audience will change, and more and more females will be a part of that audience.

Or something. Tongue

Right up until the end I was truly inspired. Thank you Big Grin
01-09-2013, 10:57 AM
(12-01-2012 08:21 PM)garcia1000 Wrote:  In general zero-sum games like Outwitters appeal less to females, that's just a general observation

Well that makes sense, since my sisters dont like when people lose for their gain.
They prefer hghscore ones, competitive but not head to head. Like flow and puzzles. Or survival (not shooter) games.

Up for Friendliez! Gifted League GCID: braytos
[Image: sig.png]
01-09-2013, 11:15 AM
(01-09-2013 10:57 AM)brayton Wrote:  
(12-01-2012 08:21 PM)garcia1000 Wrote:  In general zero-sum games like Outwitters appeal less to females, that's just a general observation

Well that makes sense, since my sisters dont like when people lose for their gain.
They prefer hghscore ones, competitive but not head to head. Like flow and puzzles. Or survival (not shooter) games.

Based on my observations I couldn't agree more. I just never realized this trend.

Member of the Ice clan!
[Image: 29xjgx5.png]
01-09-2013, 12:01 PM
I am a female player. It does feel like we are the minority here.

Clever League!_elle_!Clever League
01-10-2013, 05:26 AM
Maybe I'm too cynical, but when someone starts a thread like this I always assume they are trying to figure out who to hit on.

"Wow, great move! What are you wearing?"

"You are too smart, clever and funny for me! Perhaps you could give me some lessons via facetime?"

"Sexxxy Moves! How old r u?"
01-10-2013, 05:33 AM
Sounds like someone has their game plan ready to go Tongue

[Image: remur.gif]

Click it. You know you want to.
01-10-2013, 10:52 AM
(01-10-2013 05:26 AM)ArtNJ Wrote:  Maybe I'm too cynical, but when someone starts a thread like this I always assume they are trying to figure out who to hit on.

"You are too smart, clever and funny for me! Perhaps you could give me some lessons via facetime?"

I used to think that too, and that can safely be assumed in chat rooms, but on forums where people have time to think about what they are writing it happens much much less often ^^

Top 200 peak ranking: #18 Super-Titan

I'm currently taking a competative break. Am up for friendlies and tournaments!

(06-09-2014 02:14 PM)Bbobb555 Wrote:  I looked it up, apparently a kendama is a yo-yo (!). How the heck do you have forums for yo-yos?
01-10-2013, 12:40 PM (This post was last modified: 01-11-2013 01:04 AM by game_taker.)
(01-10-2013 10:52 AM)Necrocat219 Wrote:  
(01-10-2013 05:26 AM)ArtNJ Wrote:  Maybe I'm too cynical, but when someone starts a thread like this I always assume they are trying to figure out who to hit on.

I used to think that too, and that can safely be assumed in chat rooms, but on forums where people have time to think about what they are writing it happens much much less often ^^

I also use to think that.

Btw I was playing against this one girl earlier today, man she had some really sexy moves. I wonder what her age is.
01-10-2013, 03:03 PM
Lmfao