Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
+1 Wits: Why is it a mistake?
11-24-2012, 03:40 AM
RE: +1 Wits: Why is it a mistake?
CombatEX, I hear your arguments and I was also initially opposed to the wit for kill rule when I first learned about it as I thought the game was so well balanced that any change would just disturb a perfect environment.

Still I would now like to make a plea in favor of the change:

I think we agree that the wit for kill rule does not shift the balance of the gameplay in general. It just introduces a new dynamic. I am with you that before the change it was easier to calculate the moves. With the new rule a new element of insecurity was introduced (similar to the effect of the fog of war) without introducing an element of luck. Everything is still deterministic but just more complex now. Since it is now much more complex to calculate everything, games will more often take a surprising turn. We had players writing about their "burnout feeling" since playing felt very repetitive after some time. The wit for kill change will increase the volatility of the balance of power, while still retaining the basic principle that only the understanding and foresight of the players will determine how the game develops as no dices are rolled.

As a side effect the change is a perfect solution to shift the usefulness of the units toward the more expensive units. Many of us shared the impression that the heavy unit was not very efficient under the old ruleset. You will probably agree that its usefulnes is now much more in line with its cost in most situations.

[Image: sig.png][Image: 2u7x1fb.jpg]
awesome signature design by .Memories.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
+1 Wits: Why is it a mistake? - CombatEX - 11-23-2012, 10:52 AM
RE: +1 Wits: Why is it a mistake? - AJaW96 - 11-23-2012, 11:20 AM
RE: +1 Wits: Why is it a mistake? - Harti - 11-23-2012, 09:54 PM
RE: +1 Wits: Why is it a mistake? - =) Random Task (= - 11-24-2012 03:40 AM
RE: +1 Wits: Why is it a mistake? - Gf!sh - 11-24-2012, 04:01 AM
RE: +1 Wits: Why is it a mistake? - daHsu - 11-24-2012, 04:47 AM
RE: +1 Wits: Why is it a mistake? - Emuchu - 11-26-2012, 06:04 AM