Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The New Rules (and why I'm not a Fan)
11-26-2012, 03:45 AM
RE: The New Rules (and why I'm not a Fan)
(11-23-2012 04:41 PM)CombatEX Wrote:  Let us consider a scenario with chess. I could propose changing the left-most pawn for each player so that it starts 1 space forward from the current setup. Now, undoubtedly people would be outraged if this were implemented. While it is true that players would have to change tactics as a result of this change, it is safe to say that I would be missing the point if I were to propose that the reason people were upset came down to needing to adjust their tactics... In reality, it would be more due to the fact that the game worked well before the change and it just makes the game unnecessarily different. Even if the change isn't for the worse, why make it unless there is a good reason to believe it will make a notable improvement.

I know this was just an analogy, but it seems like it completely misses the change that the +1 wit on kill gives. A change in position of a pawn for one player is more so like adding 3 wits to p2.
A better analogy would be playing 2 vs 2 chess. Which has the added rule that on a kill you give that piece to your team mate to place on their turn. Which like the +1 wit on kill changes the game completely. The bottom line is this is a game. If you take it seriously it doesn't matter that much since this game still has leagues and measures skill quite well, which i feel are the reasons people play this game seriously. If you play to have fun then has ignore the changes in tactic and the fact that the game was working before and ask yourself: Are you having more or less fun with the new change?

As for the reason for the change, I am 100% sure that the +1 wit on kill was added because it was believed to make a notable improvement.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The New Rules (and why I'm not a Fan) - game_taker - 11-26-2012 03:45 AM