Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
FTA / slow matchmaking / queue stacking
10-24-2012, 11:27 AM
RE: FTA / slow matchmaking / queue stacking
(10-24-2012 06:24 AM)Joggies Wrote:  Some people get confused by the talk about P1 passing their turn. To be clear: no one has ever suggested this is a good strategy!!! The whole point of the illustration is that even if you did make that silly choice, you'd still be better off than P2 (even if P2 gets 8 wits).

I for one would still prefer to be P1 when P2 gets 8 wits, but it's a good start at least. As Ravernoth elegantly demonstrated, under this fix the wit balance is about equal (though still in P1's favour on maps with two witpoints per player - i.e. large maps). But while this fix evens up the witcount on small maps, P1 will still have an initiative/unit count/map knowledge advantage.

If I was a developer I'd be looking at giving P2 9 witpoints. The beta fix is going down the right path at least - it solves 80% of the problem.

Talk of fixing the problem by adjusting the point allocation is not the right solution. It's like if your house foundations go wonky you start buying wonky furniture to make it look right. :-D

yeah! We should pinpoint the cause of the FTA problem and fix it. I may tell 8 wits for the P2 is a good solution or not only in the next release because I haven't been choosen for a beta tester unfortunely. Wink
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: FTA / slow matchmaking / queue stacking - terenceshiu2005 - 10-24-2012 11:27 AM