Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Differences/Comparison With Hero Academy
05-10-2012, 12:58 PM
Differences/Comparison With Hero Academy
Saw the new article today, and laughed at the "oh shit" moment when Hero Academy came out, but the games really do sound fairly different, or at least different enough. I plan to try Outwitters, and get some of my buddies from the Hero Academy league to team with me. Anyway, just wondering about some of the key differences in the following areas:

(1) Hero Academy games average around 36 "turns," which is to say each player moves an average of 18 times. Games range from a minimum of about 16 turns to a maximum of about 65 turns (with exceptionally rare games of 80 turns not being totally unheard of, although I personally dont know I have ever had more than 60);

(2) Hero Academy has a luck element, in that the units and items you get from a fixed deck are randomly drawn. Does Outwitters have a luck element?

(3) Hero Academy has no official league, but I am the founder of a player run league that uses the ELO system. Do your Leagues use Elo, or how do they work exactly?

(4) Using an "K" value of 32 and a starting rating of 1200, the Hero Academy League has player ratings ranging from about 950 to 1610. What this means, more or less, is that the best players beat "new" players about 90-95% time, and that includes new League members (assigned a 1200 rating) that have practiced a lot on random opponents. Are you seeing that kind of skill curve in your beta?

(5) Do you have in game chat? Do you have the ability to privately chat with a teammate?

(6) Do you have "time controls"? (Hero Academy has none)

(7) What do folks think that have tried both games?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Differences/Comparison With Hero Academy - ArtNJ - 05-10-2012 12:58 PM