Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
League rankings + promotions: suggestions and ideas for change
10-08-2012, 01:42 AM
RE: League rankings + promotions: suggestions and ideas for change
Great post and discussion. I think there is consensus that the matchmaking does need some kind of tweaking to improve. I'm not sure I care what kind of system they use as long as I get good match ups, but definitely more transparency will probably get rid of some people's frustration with the system.

As an aside, OP mentioned not being possible to be placed directly into ST, which I can say it is as I was placed there after matchmaking. I read at least one other person who was as well. Of course, I lost 6 and 7 and got bumped down to masters mostly due to inexperience and dumb noob mistakes lol. One thing that most people don't consider, that the previous poster mentioned, is the importance of your first maybe 10 games while the game zeros in on your rating. Specially during match making you should play your games one at a time as you are matched based on your current ratings and that will effect your gains and losses heavily. I know this sounds obvious, but it makes a huge difference as I have experienced due to numerous 2v2 ranking qualifiers.

Someone mentioned that 2v2 ranking should get linked to 1v1 or something for initial placement, sorry if I misread, but I couldn't disagree more with that. I've played against teams that had great 1v1 rating and were terrible at 2v2 as it is more about team play and cooperative planning.

In terms of requalifying or a rolling season for league, I think that's probably a good idea as activity level varies among players and reforming league placements on an annual basis is widely used in other games.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: League rankings + promotions: suggestions and ideas for change - Xpander - 10-08-2012 01:42 AM