Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
League rankings + promotions: suggestions and ideas for change
10-03-2012, 06:23 AM
RE: League rankings + promotions: suggestions and ideas for change
I agree that the invisible rating should be made visible in some manner, perhaps as a 'Witterrating' of some sorts in the profile, however, the visible scores should should not be cut out.

A good idea might be to have the scores on the leaderboards consist out of a combination of the skill rating and win points. That way you can keep on encouraging players to keep playing, as Jack says, while keeping the scores (fairly) honest.

As for the promotion thing, you could have a system where every 2-3 weeks all #1s of a league play 5 or so matches against #100s from the league above. Whoever wins 3 or more of those matches gets promoted/not degraded, and vice verca if you lose a lot.

Example:

I play in Clever, and Jack in Gifted. I ended #1 last Sunday, while Jack ended #100. Now I play against Gifted (possibly Jack), while he matches Clevers. If I win 4 of these, while Jack only wins 2, I can take Jacks place in Gifted, and he degrades to Clever (sorry Jack!).

You may want to tweak the numbers, but in essence, this is my idea.

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: League rankings + promotions: suggestions and ideas for change - Gf!sh - 10-03-2012 06:23 AM