Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
League rankings + promotions: suggestions and ideas for change
10-01-2012, 04:53 PM
RE: League rankings + promotions: suggestions and ideas for change
Cool so it seems that the consensus view is for an improved matchmaking system with tougher matchups sooner, so as to steer disproportionately high W/L ratios towards 50/50. So in terms of priority of fixes, hopefully that's something OML can put through relatively quickly.

I agree with some of you who've said 30-40 games perhaps isn't that much of a grind. After all, in most games a big part of the fun is building up your character or working your way up the rankings (although usually the difficulty level continues to rise perhaps at a faster pace). Having said that, something that does annoy players is where they slowly work their way up a step at a time, but then find others leapfrogging them by using some kind of loophole/gap in the system. As Luckymori pointed out above, it seems anyone can start out in Masters using the method in his post. I suppose these are improvements that can come in the future, there are other things of greater importance, but I think these fixes could help the game's retention rate of players.

On the issue about revamping the points system, I've seen a fair number of posts (perhaps mostly newer players) from players who are frustrated with their lack of understanding about how promotions work, and about how silly it is to be promoted to a new league and already be in the top 10, hence why I've tried to explain how the system works in this post and propose changes. I suppose as someone who already knows how it works, I'm fairly comfortable with it now and don't see a need for change from my own perspective. Still, as a future improvement, I think it's definitely something that alleviate some of the frustrations of newer players.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: League rankings + promotions: suggestions and ideas for change - Samura| - 10-01-2012 04:53 PM