Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The most important thing in the new update...for you?
09-28-2012, 08:33 AM
RE: The most important thing in the new update...for you?
(09-27-2012 08:36 PM)Ravernoth Wrote:  Whats the point of letting a player accumulate 20 game win streaks without moving up?

I think the main problem is not the threshold itself, but the ability to have many games ongoing at once (which is a necessity for an asynchronous game)
I posted this a while ago:
(08-26-2012 08:47 AM)Eijolend Wrote:  [...]
please consider, that for searching an opponent the system can only use your record up to that moment. The system can't know that you're about to win several games you have ongoing. With the possibility of up to 20 games at once it shouldn't come as a surprise that the adjustment for better opponent's feels delayed because only your most recently started matches are matched with your current rating.

I think these two issues, that delay everything, are what most people are experiencing that are on a 20-x streak. This also shows it's very challenging to develop a ranking system that can handle multiple games at once. (the well known rating systems like ELO, sc2's MMR or XBoxLive TrueSkill usually aren't confronted with this problem)
That's not to say it's good that it takes so long, but maybe this can explain a little why it is the way it is.

Rising Star Tournament for Fluffy, Clever and Gifted players - FINAL ROUND started!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The most important thing in the new update...for you? - Eijolend - 09-28-2012 08:33 AM