Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Alex: Proof that FTA is huge and needs addressing now, and how to fix it
09-24-2012, 05:40 AM
RE: Alex: Proof that FTA is huge and needs addressing now, and how to fix it
(09-24-2012 04:41 AM)Ravernoth Wrote:  
(09-24-2012 03:35 AM)GreatGonzales Wrote:  Alex and Adam have been quiet about this, but I've got to believe that, with all our wailing, they must be aware of it. I hope they plan to do something about this...

Here's a post from Alex last month which shows that reducing FTA is a low priority:

(08-02-2012 03:42 AM)onealexleft Wrote:  
(07-31-2012 01:20 AM)ArtNJ Wrote:  Alex,

So the community can more intelligently talk about the first turn advantage, can we get some data? Specifically:

1. Are you able to look at the % of time player 1 wins the game across all League games?

In beta yes, right now in production no. But our analysis tools need to be re-worked as the scale of data is huge and none of our current tools work. I'm really hoping to get back to this, but with more pressing issues of crashes, non-expiring games, and league matches not counting, it's at the bottom of the list right now.

However, the patch to address these issues has already been released which means that FTA could now be a high priority even though it wasn't at the time.

As for your fix, I believe someone mentioned it before and I agree with it now as I did then. Give P2 extra wits.

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Alex: Proof that FTA is huge and needs addressing now, and how to fix it - CombatEX - 09-24-2012 05:40 AM