Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
New Content? Cool Story Bro.
09-25-2012, 02:43 AM
RE: New Content? Cool Story Bro.
One of the reasons I generally prefer small and/or indie developers is since they tend to be more responsive to their players. As such, I agree that I would certainly like Adam and Alex to voice their plans, but so far they've already been quite good about this (thank you OML!). I don't expect them to share every little bit of info with us, but if they are willing to, I agree with your sentiment that this would make a great number of people happy. At the same time though, one of the worst things a dev can do is make false promises so perhaps OML simply doesn't know at this point when a good ETA is on these improvements and as such doesn't want to make a promise they may fall short on. That being said, it would still be nice if OML could reiterate their intentions of addressing FTA. They have mentioned they would keep an eye on it in the past, but it would be nice to see that they acknowledge and plan to fix it now that it has become blatantly obvious that it is an issue.

However, as for your idea that these improvements would make more people happy than a new team, I'm not sure. For many players (myself included), I'd rather see these improvements like FTA balancing and to a lesser extent, confirmation. However, I imagine many (and especially less competitive players) would prefer a new team. If a game is completely unplayable, nearly everyone will want the gameplay fixes. However, when a game is definitely playable, it is questionable how many players would rather see additional content versus further gameplay improvements. Again, I'm with you in that I prefer gameplay improvements, but I'm just not sure your certainty that players in general share our opinion is warranted.

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: New Content? Cool Story Bro. - Harti - 09-23-2012, 07:28 PM
RE: New Content? Cool Story Bro. - Harti - 09-24-2012, 07:56 PM
RE: New Content? Cool Story Bro. - CombatEX - 09-25-2012 02:43 AM
RE: New Content? Cool Story Bro. - Harti - 09-25-2012, 06:47 PM