Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Help: tactics vs bombshells on Peekaboo?
08-21-2012, 11:03 AM (This post was last modified: 08-21-2012 11:41 AM by Yipperpants.)
Help: tactics vs bombshells on Peekaboo?
Hi guys!

I started pretty recently and albeit addicted, I'm still fairly weak-witted (scallywag main, 35ish games, gifted league), so maybe this post is merely a reflection of that and nothing more.

Anyways, I've found myself having a hard time against bombshells on Peekaboo. Most of my Peekaboo opponents seem to favor rushing a bombshell turn 2-3 and turtling it against the base. I'm not really sure how to counter it. I always end up retreating back, bulking up my army, and attempting jabs at their base with runners for the next 40-60 turns. It hasn't really worked out. I've lost more games on Peekaboo than on the 5 other maps collectively. I must be missing something.

The STL replays haven't been as enlightening on this particularly question (though I haven't had the chance to read all of the posts). In one game, Alvendor lost a lot of units attempting to engage Lenoxe's defensive bombshell and ultimately had to retreat back to put up his own.

So can you witty strategists help me out? Thank you! Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Help: tactics vs bombshells on Peekaboo? - Yipperpants - 08-21-2012 11:03 AM