Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
FTA Bonus on Highlevel Games means nearly Autowin
08-17-2012, 01:25 PM
RE: FTA Bonus on Highlevel Games means nearly Autowin
I feel like i should post I was typing out a chess comparison, but I guess someone beat me to it. FTA is exactly the same advantage just like chess. Chess is more "balanced" since it has been tested over time and there's only one "map" to balance. Outwitters is balanced though because it takes wits to actually move forward, so in theory, you can be more conservative and get more wits on defense since they move to you. Having said that, the obvious problem would be all games would be a stalemate, which from experience doesn't happen much.

Here's a pro tip for everyone: scout. Always. And scout some more. Master your openings like chess and you will be prepared for everything. If player 1 is too aggressive or tries to wait for the right moment, you will know if you scout. This game is about wit management and not FTA.

As a quick fix, rates games can be a best of 2, same or diff map, with players alternating FTA. If its a tie, no rating change (not lower rated player gets points please).

I'd rather have the devs (who are doing an awesome job btw) concentrate on map and team balancing than worrying about FTA, where quite often the mistake of one wit can be the diff between a win or loss. If they can just keep/make maps balanced, FTA will just be a "white" advantage like in chess.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: FTA Bonus on Highlevel Games means nearly Autowin - P1noyboypj - 08-17-2012 01:25 PM