Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Streak based rating is flawed
08-12-2012, 02:05 PM
RE: Streak based rating is flawed
It might be somewhat flawed, but let's face it: if a player in, for example, Fluffy League just keeps winning over and over, it would seem obvious that the person should be in a higher league. Likewise, if a Master League player goes on a losing streak of, say, 50, they probably belong in a lower league.

It's unfortunate that you seem stuck in a cycle of promotion and demotion, and it sounds like you're maybe stuck on the borderline of the two leagues. However, if you keep playing I think you'll keep improving too, and eventually you'll be sitting happily in Clever (or even work your way up the Leagues!)

Also, note that the points you see, and your ranking withing your division, is based MOSTLY on activity, and has little to do with your skill level. The same applies to people you see at the top of their respective divisions; someone with high points probably just plays a lot, and probably isn't actually good enough to be in the next League (since if they were better and played enough games to have the points they have, they would probably be promoted already).

I my own personal experience, I was placed in Gifted immediately after placements, lost the first game after that and was bumped down to Clever. It took be about 30 wins (with one or two losses) to be pushed up to Gifted again, and I've been winning about 60-70% of my games since (which makes me think I'm probably not good enough for Masters League until I improve my meta-) which has kept me solidly in the middle of Gifted (I'm unlikely to be promoted or demoted for a while).

———————————
Why is the rum gone?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Streak based rating is flawed - ishu76 - 08-10-2012, 09:41 PM
RE: Streak based rating is flawed - SwagUp - 08-13-2012, 03:24 PM
RE: Streak based rating is flawed - ArtNJ - 08-11-2012, 02:59 AM
RE: Streak based rating is flawed - ishu76 - 08-11-2012, 03:41 AM
RE: Streak based rating is flawed - Jack•Sparrow - 08-12-2012 02:05 PM
RE: Streak based rating is flawed - MagElf - 08-16-2012, 06:02 PM
RE: Streak based rating is flawed - ishu76 - 08-21-2012, 04:32 AM