Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Streak based rating is flawed
08-10-2012, 09:41 PM
Streak based rating is flawed
The rating system which is streak based is flawed. The following scenario has happened to me twice. I have 750+ points. I was number 2 in the clever league and was beginning to get pit against number 1's in other divisions and some players in gifted. I was obviously a candidate for league promotion. Since I was playing with better players now, I had a losing streak and instead got demoted to fluffy, where I am obviously number one. I don't stay there long since I am pitted against other fluffies or lower clevers. I have a winning streak. When I get a promoted back to Clever, I am number 2 and now again am pitted against gifted and high clevers. This is a vicious cycle.

The problem lies in the fact, within leagues, ranking is ordered by points, but promotions and demotions are determined by streaks. So you are comparing apples to oranges. Your point system itself gives points for wins and takes points away for losses. This should be a good indicator for ranking and is clearer cut. It doesn't make sense that during league promotions I go to the top. Theoretically if I get promoted to a higher league I should be at the bottom. Am I making sense?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Streak based rating is flawed - ishu76 - 08-10-2012 09:41 PM
RE: Streak based rating is flawed - SwagUp - 08-13-2012, 03:24 PM
RE: Streak based rating is flawed - ArtNJ - 08-11-2012, 02:59 AM
RE: Streak based rating is flawed - ishu76 - 08-11-2012, 03:41 AM
RE: Streak based rating is flawed - MagElf - 08-16-2012, 06:02 PM
RE: Streak based rating is flawed - ishu76 - 08-21-2012, 04:32 AM