Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IMPORTANT: possible game exploit
07-21-2012, 02:13 AM
RE: IMPORTANT: possible game exploit
(07-21-2012 02:04 AM)Glorishears Wrote:  Save up your replay links until you have a pair showing the problem, then email the devs with the bug report. Remember the replays show the number of points gained/lost.

Won't work. Since your supposedly exploiting opponent could have finished any number of games between the time out and the 'true loss', your results are meaningless.
Since you can't arrange league games this will probably end up a conspiracy theory.

To look at this from a different perspective: say you have 10 games running and for whatever reason can not do a turn for a week - you will lose all those games to the timeout - one after the other. And that's my point: by losing, the system will decrease your points and your skill ranking and each new loss will yield fewer points for the victor than the one before - and also the point loss to the inactive player will decrease with every loss.

My opinion is this: distinguishing between a manual resignation, an automatic resignation and a 'true loss' would require additional work for Alex compared to the simpler approach: everything is treated the same. Ockham's razor, anyone?

I am in no way affiliated with or authorized by One Man Left Studios, LLC.
Any information on Outwitters I present is founded on personal experience, public knowledge or the Outwitters Beta Test.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: IMPORTANT: possible game exploit - Kamikaze28 - 07-21-2012 02:13 AM