Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.67 Average
Are you a man (or woman) with a plan or do you just go with the flow?
07-17-2012, 09:09 AM (This post was last modified: 07-18-2012 12:25 AM by Mizywill.)
Are you a man (or woman) with a plan or do you just go with the flow?
Warning: Post thread title change, previously "Are you a Strategic or Reactive player? ... Primarily"

I was just playing a game, link posted blow, that got me to thinking there are basically two types of players, strategic and reactive. I know we all use a bit of both but i believe that we tend to lean one way or the other.

I believe the strategic player goes into the game with a plan for each map and tries to plan ahead by at least 2 or 3 moves. They also look for the strategy the other guy is employing, which isn't always a good move in case there isn't one. These guys may spend 30 minutes or more on a move, maybe go back to it the next day.

The other player is more reactive. Sure they may plan the first move and employ a little strategy here and there but their overall reaction time averages less than 5 minutes and they hardly, not never, think more than maybe one move ahead.

I would definetly call myself more of a reactive player. This being said, I still don't know how I won the following game. The best I can think is that the guy had a strategy he thought couldnt fail and overlooked the obvious. I looked up my opponents stats and he's ranked gifted #1 in his league by at least over 400 points from the next guy, around 800 points. I'm about a #20 gifted with around 180 points or so...

Click here to see game.

So, let me know if you agree with the two player types and post which type of player you feel you are. I would love to hear others opinions on this and the linked game.

Thanks

Warning: post thread title change, previously "Are you a Strategic or Reactive player? ... Primarily"
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Are you a man (or woman) with a plan or do you just go with the flow? - Mizywill - 07-17-2012 09:09 AM