Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good Glitch game
07-14-2012, 06:45 AM (This post was last modified: 07-14-2012 06:46 AM by Alvendor.)
Good Glitch game
Me and ArtNJ had a very interesting game on Glitch.

Replay

I have FTA. We haven't met before so I don't know his playstyle etc..

1 - This is my most common opening on this map, it lets me apply pressure on both flanks. I put my soldiers just outside of his heavy's range if he moves it to bonus square.
3 - I move runner to check if he has boosted the heavy. If not I can kill it with my soldiers. It was boosted so now I attack on other flank.
5 - Many people screw up the defense on turn 4, but not him so I can't continue. The drawback with moving out the runner on turn 3 is that he can kill it just as he did. Might be better if I had put the runner where he couldn't reach it. That he had moved the heavy into the middle surprised me and I start thinking if I can punish it in any way. I prepare for a longer game.
7 - Note that either of us have much vision. I know he doesn't have many units on bottom. I plan to rush my soldiers for the back door of his base, but need a heavy to defend my base first.
9 - I create a runner to get some vision as I'm suspecting he has a scrambler somewhere. If I had been an Outwitter god I would have assumed he had a runner at the place he did (perfect placement behind frontline) and created my runner at turn 11 instead, unfortunately I am not =/
11 - Full flank attack incoming!!
13 - I realize I won't reach behind his base but can still dish out some damage.
15 - I can't finish him, so no point in sending reinforcement, just chip away at him and take bonus square.
17 - Took a huge bite out of his base! Also saving up for a bombshell.
19 - Want to put the bombshell in front of my double wall so it reaches his bonus square. Oh, and I have vision like blind duck.
21 - Moving out bombshell and notices he is attacking sooner than I expected.
23 - I attack his runner instead of the soldier that is running for the back door. I plan to take down the soldier with a well aimed bombshell.
25 - Oops I can't target the soldier, maybe I need vision? I move soldier to get vision. Nope bombshells can't shoot over walls #€"%#%!

It was a very fun game in spite of my massive blunder at the end =) Anything you think I should have done differently during the game?

ArtNJ will also give some comments which will be interesting.

Soldier spam FTW
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Good Glitch game - Alvendor - 07-14-2012 06:45 AM
RE: Good Glitch game - ArtNJ - 07-14-2012, 10:06 AM
RE: Good Glitch game - Alvendor - 07-17-2012, 03:36 AM
RE: Good Glitch game - nivra0 - 07-16-2012, 04:07 PM