Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why can't we have an undo button again?
01-30-2014, 05:45 PM
RE: Why can't we have an undo button again?
I've decided that whether something done is a mistake or an accident is, in my opinion, irrelevant. The risk of someone abusing an undo feature is also irrelevant because they can't possibly gain any information from such a feature, which in this case is the only thing that matters. The only issue I see with such abuse comes from whether or not the feature is server side or client side. Since most of Outwitters is client side already, I don't see why the feature can't also be client side other than hackers, which are already a problem with this game for one, and for another hacking the way a core piece of gameplay works is significantly harder than simply giving yourself more wits as our current hackers like to do. Besides, if such a hack(er) existed (allowing undos even if the FoW is affected) why wouldn't it/they just remove the FoW entirely? (which can already be done conceivably)

My solution to the abuse issue, despite my argument that such abuse doesn't matter, however, is to only allow one undo action per turn, or possibly per game. The occasions on which someone will be able to use the undo action will be limited anyway: Someone has to make a move they don't like without it affecting the Fog of War. Of the game losing misplays I've made lately, I think all of them affected the FoW, meaning I still would have lost because an undo would have been impossible. I did however know I'd misplayed after a single action (like spawning a unit or attacking), so if those misplays had NOT affected the FoW I could have undone them and done what I'd intended. However with only one precious undo per game/turn I would not just callously spawn units or attack things just to see how it plays out.

GameCenter: ElPared
Master League Crying Foot Master League

OSN Player Profile: ElPared -- I'm always posting both wins and losses, critiques welcome
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why can't we have an undo button again? - ElPared - 01-30-2014 05:45 PM