Poll: Are you gonna exploit the Burnocaster?
No, I don't play 2v2
Yes, I'm a bad guy!
No, I can't do it, I'm too graceful!
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Burnocaster: the new rush on Machination (2v2)
06-23-2013, 09:14 AM (This post was last modified: 06-23-2013 09:18 AM by Szei.)
RE: Burnocaster: the new rush on Machination (2v2)
(06-23-2013 02:42 AM)burnodrod Wrote:  
(06-21-2013 12:06 AM)Gavin Wins Wrote:  Burno - what was your inspiration for developing this Machination strategy? Which players/games influenced you, etc. Or is this attack completely of your own design?

I think the idea is obvious - take predeployed sniper from where it's useless and put it where it's usefull. And protect it somehow Smile

And that sniper positioning and attempted protection is also pivotal to devising a good counter.

1. You can't really guarantee the sniper's protection with the burnocaster rush in its current form.
2. Moving the sniper results in a lack of protection for the wit space which can also be exploited.

The rush is still powerful enough that even harassing the wit space and killing the sniper isn't enough on its own if red/green is P2*, but it does have weaknesses enough that it can be countered when blue/yellow is P2 regardless of team choice.

*so far I haven't found a satisfactory counter

You can invite me but it seems like Red/Green is always P2 in friendly games so I'm not sure how we can set up the Blue/Yellow P2 variant. If my steps are easy enough to follow though in the previous post I believe it is clear that the team using burnocaster is in trouble by T7.

NOTE: I'm not using Szei at the moment. If you figure out how to set up a friendly game where blue/yellow is P2, PM me and I'll let you know which accounts to invite.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Burnocaster: the new rush on Machination (2v2) - Szei - 06-23-2013 09:14 AM