Poll: Are you gonna exploit the Burnocaster?
No, I don't play 2v2
Yes, I'm a bad guy!
No, I can't do it, I'm too graceful!
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Burnocaster: the new rush on Machination (2v2)
06-22-2013, 10:21 AM (This post was last modified: 06-22-2013 10:28 AM by Szei.)
RE: Burnocaster: the new rush on Machination (2v2)
Sorry I kind of left everyone hanging but I've been away for the past few days. I'll upload screenshots when I have the time (hopefully tomorrow), but I'll just put it in words for now. Hope it isn't too hard to follow. The defense that's been working for me basically centers around diverting attention away from the center to delay the rush (by harassing a wit space) and always taking out the rushing team's sniper.

NOTE: I only have a good defense if P2 is Yellow/Blue. I haven't managed to solve this rush satisfactorily for P2 as Red/Green.

T1: Rush opening
T2: P2 must be blue or yellow (whichever one P1 isn't) and makes 2 runners. 1 runner should be in range to kill the enemy sniper after it gets mobied. The other runner should be in range to capture Green/Red's wit space after the sniper has been mobied off of it.
T3: Rush opening
T4: P4 mirror's P3's opening (gets out and moves up 2 soldiers to the center area while taking the wit space with a sniper).

T5: Rush opening (P1 mobis P3's sniper behind the heavy/soldier wall)
T6: P2 kills P3's sniper with a runner. P2 uses the other runner to capture P3's wit space which is unprotected now that the sniper has been mobied by P1. I also move forward the heavy to mirror P1's heavy position (it is in range to hit the base unless blocked by P1 or P3).
T7: P3 now only has 5 wits and two soldiers. P3's sniper was killed and his/her wit space is occupied by one of P2's runners. It is impossible for P3 to hit the base on this turn and s/he also has to worry about the captured wit space.
T8: Game diverges at this point depending on T7.

T9: If P3 didn't block the base then P1 has to worry about P2's heavy which can reach the base next turn if not defended.

This puts the defending team in a solid (and threatening) position.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Burnocaster: the new rush on Machination (2v2) - Szei - 06-22-2013 10:21 AM