Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.6 Average
Win/Loss ratio required for promotion
07-30-2013, 08:05 AM
RE: Win/Loss ratio required for promotion
(07-30-2013 06:06 AM)phineas94 Wrote:  That all sounds a bit screwy. The whole 2v2 ranking system since the change is a bit wonky. To get demoted straight away like that shouldn't happen. I believe the consensus of opinion is that the hidden ranking point spread for each division overlap one another in order to stop any such yoyo-ing.
e.g. Fluffy goes from 0-400, Clever from 300-800, Gifted 700-1100 etc..
At least your there now. It took me and Zaepian 4 wins and 0 losses to get posted in the top 200. Let me know how it goes

Im thinking its more likely three separate systems.

1. Hidden Ranking - overall performance. wins go up losses go down. how far up and how many determine the magnitude of the rises or falls for losses
2. Points - number rises or falls based on the league rank and nothing else
3. Promotion/Demotion - has ONLY to do with recent win loss ratio and NOTHING to do with who you beat or lost to.

So to specifically address your post I think what actually is happening is that hidden ranking points are increasing to a level that bumps say a master above an ST but the required win ration in recent games hasnt yet been met.

2v2 does seem to have a lot more to do with the fact that there are so many fewer teams, which means that 1 loss would penalize you more relative to one loss in 1v1. Especially if you consider taht there are plenty of teams that win All 5. 5-0 vs 4-1 is 25% higher meaning that in almost any system that is a huge swing

For me thus far in 2v2. I have two teams

In the first:

We've played 23 games. First 5 all wins, placed in Master. 12 more games to be placed into ST. Those 12 games were 9-3. Since ST have gone 5-1. In order all 23 were
W,W,W,W,W(M),W,W,W,W,W,W,L,L,W,W,L,W(ST),W,W,W,W,L,W

In the second:

We've played 14 games. First 5 all wins, placed in Master. Since then 9 games. In those 9 have gone 8-1. Still in Master but i expect promotion within the next three games assuming they are wins but i will let you know. In order they went
W,W,W,W,W(M),W,W,W,L,W,W,W,W,W
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Win/Loss ratio required for promotion - OutwittersFan422 - 07-30-2013 08:05 AM