Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Look at 2v2 Super Titan
03-21-2013, 05:38 AM (This post was last modified: 03-21-2013 05:39 AM by CombatEX.)
RE: Another Look at 2v2 Super Titan
(03-21-2013 05:13 AM)GreatGonzales Wrote:  I think that the 1v1 ST league feels right, and we can use it as a model. That being said, my findings by looking at the numbers are inconclusive. And there's the added complexity of the 2v2 random league players influencing the league promotion...without knowing exactly how that works, it's hard to make a specific recommendation. However, I do think that the current promotion threshold for 2v2 ST is probably too loose, merely by looking at the skill level of some of the teams who have made it in so far (and of the teams who may make it in soon, like my secondary team!).

I think 1v1 ST league feels right too. Though I think Gifted, Clever, and Fluffy are off for reasons discussed in IMPERIAL's thread a while back. Looking at that again I'm not so sure about the distribution IMPERIAL suggested but I think it is a step in the right direction. Really I think Fluffy is too demeaning and should be even smaller than the suggested 20% (currently it's at 40% though which is far worse). Recently Blizzard decreased Bronze from 20%->8% for reasons discussed here. Though it may not be directly comparable to Outwitters I wouldn't be surprised if the same is essentially true here. This is getting off track though so I'll stop for now.

[Image: supertitanreplay.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Another Look at 2v2 Super Titan - CombatEX - 03-21-2013 05:38 AM