Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Look at 2v2 Super Titan
03-21-2013, 04:35 AM (This post was last modified: 03-21-2013 04:41 AM by GreatGonzales.)
RE: Another Look at 2v2 Super Titan
(03-21-2013 03:42 AM)CombatEX Wrote:  I respect that, but in that case this discussion does not concern me. What I would like to discuss is separating 2v2 random from arranged, but until that is done I feel any conversation regarding 2v2 arranged distribution is overshadowed by the large number of random players skewing the results.

I believe Eijolend and I have encountered random players in only 1 game and I imagine this is similar for STs in general. As such it doesn't really have an impact on us as I imagine is the case with your ST team too, but as a whole 2v2 random teams have a huge impact on 2v2 arranged distributions since 2v2 arranged teams play 2v2 randoms whether you want to ignore it or not.

I see, you are interested in a different sort of conversation. Anyway, I agree that 2v2 random teams impact 2v2 arranged league promotion (merely because they share the same player pool in league play), however I believe that 2v2 random teams do not impact 2v2 arranged league composition (because their leagues are mutually exclusive). This thread was specifically concerning league promotion thresholds, which is more to do with the composition of leagues.

Sidebar, I agree that 2v2 random and 2v2 arranged shouldn't be playing together...kind of like apples and oranges. Perhaps there aren't enough of one population or the other (or both) to sustain swift matchmaking. That might be why OML designed the system this way.
Actually CombatEX, come to think of it, the shared player pool between 2v2 random and 2v2 arranged may help explain why 2v2 arranged seems so "top heavy" compared to the 1v1 population. That is, about 23% of arranged players are either Masters or ST, compared to just 5% in 1v1.

It'll be GG when you're up against GG of GG.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Another Look at 2v2 Super Titan - GreatGonzales - 03-21-2013 04:35 AM