Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
10 reasons why I switched to new Bramble
03-12-2013, 07:49 PM
10 reasons why I switched to new Bramble
1) Actually, the reason is only one: I don’t want to lose games to Bramble. I mentioned 10 reasons in the subject just to be able to start a new topic and not to be blamed that I didn’t join “Bramble v3” thread. Phew! ☺

2) Mobi is no longer the king of Reaper. I played a few games on Reaper with ST friends. Bramble won them all ☺ I didn't save all the replays, here's just a couple:
http://osn.codepenguin.com/replays/view/...20YtfmLAww
http://osn.codepenguin.com/replays/view/...20Y1fCHAww

You may say that Poweewee is not get used to new Bramby yet, but I’m not a great Bramble player either and have lost my B.vs B. league game:
http://osn.codepenguin.com/replays/view/...20Y2LSJAww
And, BTW, don’t forget that Poweewee is the best player in the world! I know, I know that currently Alvendor is nr1 in the rank. But Poweewee is the best player in the world ☺

3) Mobi now is the only non-combat special which makes it very dangerous to spawn, especially on small maps like SI. Give poor little Mobi ability to bite for 1hp!

4) On the other hand, Brable now can kill any number of units in one turn. All runners, medics and snipers are in danger! Nobody has mentioned that in new-Bramby-blaiming-topics, but this feature is the most contradictive. All types of units in the game can attack only once per turn. All of them! and that was one of the general elements how you could predict your opponents move. You know, that if your opponent has 5 units he can make not more than 5 hits with them. Bramble can make any amount of hits on any amount of units as long as he has enough wits. In one turn! Why is it so?

5) Bramble can kick a unit from any distance. Before that Mobi was the most dangerous and unexpected. But Mobi had his range. Bramble only needs to have enough wits. And killing 1hp unit from any range makes a big difference, especially on a 1-spawn map.

6) Theoretically Bramble alone can kill any unit from any distance. Even when there are not enough opened hexes next to the unit. All you need to do is hit from open hexes, retract parent thorns and repeat the action.

7) As it was already noticed, Bramby is the less elegant unit in the game (not special unit, but among all the units). Actually, he never was elegant with all this complicated parent-child thorns idea. Before Bramby came out you could always read a game just looking at the map. It doesn’t really matter what exactly was made during previous moves, cause you can see current units positions and their hp. But now you need to know what thorn you have to hit if you want to remove that thorn and it forces you to watch the replay and try to remember all the family tree. You can’t read it from map which is strange and boring.

8) But now new Bramby has become even less elegant than it was! Which almost impossible. You can explain all other units in one sentence. And newcomer can understand what the unit does just reading a short description line. But not Bramby! Thorn ratracting, unit hit, family tree, wit-free-actions, child distance. This creature has to go with a full manual: read carefully before use.

9) In 2v2 games me and my partner switched from Mobi+Bombshell to Bramby+Scrambler strategy. Not because we love Bramble very much, but because our old M+B strategy is no longer effective against new Bramby. Mobi is not usefull very much. Bombshell is too turtley without Mobi. It seems that only Scramby has good chances cause he can scramble a thorn and start growing up his own Bramby.

10) That’s not very important, but I think it’s not completely fair when a new update affects games that were already in the progress. We had a couple 2v2 games against Bramble teams and right after the update Bramby killed our units on their very safe positions. We wouldn’t have put that units on that place If we had known about newcoming “surprise” from our developers ☺
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
10 reasons why I switched to new Bramble - burnodrod - 03-12-2013 07:49 PM